Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Crazy ass woman.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

One of the few times the Indy 500 was far more exciting than the World 600. The extra 100 miles lends itself to anti-climatic finishes. Further proof NASCAR needs to shorten races.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Agree. Far too many 600's have come down to fuel mileage.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

This week will mark the fourth NASCAR race in a row that I have not watched. Almost as amazing to me is that I have not missed it at all, in fact, I do not even know who won last week, nor do I know where they raced. Who would have ever thought?

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sonoma was good last week. Other than that, you haven't missed much.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Busch bros 1,2 last week.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm attending my first race today. I don't keep up with it like I should but I'm a Bad abroad fan merely cause everyone hates him.

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Scary moment as Jr took the checkered flag, Austin Dillon went flew into the catch fence and landed upside down. Then Brad spinning out of control hits Austin again. It was crazy. I was listening to Jr's radio and he was freaking out as soon as it happened

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Just watched the replay this morning. Scary crash and lucky that there weren't some serious injuries to the fans.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

245 am? Sheesh.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I think Nascar consults a magic 8 ball when they make decisions.

Seems it would be better to run 10 or 11 Monday morning than 2am Monday morning.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

No kidding. I made it until about 1:30 before I fell asleep.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Junior winning while the 3 was tearing the fence down was ironic.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm surprised to hear you say this. I've been really interested this year and think the races (and story lines) have been compelling, for the most part. I also like some of the newer drivers , like Blaney, and gained a heckuva lot of respect for Austin Dillon last night. I went to Coca Cola 600 this year and headed to Darlington for the fall. Would like to see Dale Jr. win that championship too.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Until they can figure out how to keep the races from ending the same way every time, I just lose more interest every year. How many times can I watch a crash on the 3rd to last lap, then two tries at the green-white-checker?

I get whatever channel Formula One and Moto GP on Dish now, those are a lot more exciting for me to watch.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They could figure it out if they wanted to and Tony Stewart has tried to tell them. They need to increase horsepower and make aero less important.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm generally convinced they figure out what the right decision is, then purposely do the opposite.

20. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Sad news - Buddy Baker has cancer and from the sounds of it, he doesn't have much time to live.