Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Staples but together an article on all of this. Here is a listing of teams not in or joining SEC/B1G and the number of games played in front of 1M people on TV from 15-19 -

34: Clemson

31: Florida State

28: Washington

26: Oregon

22: Miami

21: Washington State

19: Oklahoma State, Utah

18: Louisville, Stanford

16: North Carolina

15: Baylor, Colorado, Virginia Tech

14: TCU, West Virginia

13: Arizona State, Boise State

12: BYU, Cal, Pittsburgh

11: Cincinnati, N.C. State

10: Syracuse

9: Texas Tech, UCF, Virginia

8: Houston, USF, Wake Forest

7: Army, Boston College, Iowa State, Navy

6: Arizona, Georgia Tech, Memphis

5: Duke

4: Kansas State, SMU, Temple

3: Oregon State

2: Air Force, Colorado State, Kansas, Marshall, Tulsa, UConn, Utah State

1: Alcorn State, Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, FAU, Kent State, N.C. Central, Rice, San Diego State, Nevada, Tulane

2. CardinalVol

Staples is also saying SEC wants Clemson, FSU, UNC, and UVA.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If I were the SEC they are the 4 I would want. I guess Va Tech-UVA is basically a wash. The other 3 are no brainers.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He got it from that moron and now he is just running with it. It's guessing.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a very clever and informative way to look at it. Not surprising, but quite illustrative that there are not many super conference candidates left outside of the sec or big 10.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Absolutely, but it is a somewhat rational guess. I can see why one would run with it without fear of consequences.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

UVA is better across all sports and in terms of prestige. Virginia tech is wvu on steroids. Or a landlocked south carolina.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Andy Staples doesn't strike me as the type to prop up his reputation with guesses.

9. CardinalVol

Staples is connected. It may not happen, but it's legit if he says it.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I lived 4 years in Hampton Roads. Va Tech stuff everywhere. Less UVA stuff despite its closer proximity. Look at the # of followers on Twitter for each football team.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

UVA is probably more about adding a National Championship basketball program.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't disagree he usually gets good info but I'm not sold on this one. He liked what he saw out of the other guy and ran with it. Probably got a few sources to say it was possible so he could feel good about it. He even credited that other guy with breaking it. I doubt that guy is getting this type of inside information on this. Sankey has a lid on what's going on. Not saying its for sure wrong but until I hear Feldman say anything about it I would not trust it much.

To add Barrett Sallee is saying they are not in negotiations. He is even making fun of the reports

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sure, what the hell.

14. CardinalVol

There's a difference in interest and negotiating. My guess is there will big a fight with the B1G over those 2 if it gets down to it.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Clemson better strike now while the iron is hot. Otherwise they are back to their historic mean of being another USC in 4 years.

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

hard for me to believe they would add money to the league

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't think it's gonna take 4 years.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Definitely. That's part of why I think this is out there. The schools that want to get out ahead of all of this are floating things to get things going.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hugh Freeze is DM'ing a reporter taking up for Ian McCaw, a guy that was fired for a rape scandal

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some people wanted him here.

Also, Jesus-like leader sounds weird. Christian, etc, sure. But Jesus is Jesus. Christ-like I've heard, which i guess is the same, but it still sounds off to say jesus-like leader. Like, he ain't anything resembling the son of God, surely.

InVolNerable likes this.