Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know, this stuff is a lot easier to laugh at when it is some other school going through it and not us.

InVolNerable likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve already started calling him Butch Dooley around my Sackarolina friends.

CardinalVol, utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

what’s with these maroons

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

How unbiased of him.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Because a niche college basketball themed game is more important and interesting than an actual football rivalry between two behemoth programs

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I get the hysterical appeal of gameday going there. If it wasn't us that's where I'd want them to be.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Interwebz/social media aficionados looking for meme material plus the bump bots.

9. NorrisAlan

It is a man bites dog thing. It gets clicks and traffic, that is all.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They're in a tough spot with him. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's endeared himself towards names with influence where he ends up hanging around just long enough to take them back to the Brad Scott era.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's kissed so much ass on his way up he's got people that love him. It's why he's still considered a "good coach" by a lot of the sports media. I have no doubt he's weaseled his way into the AD's hip pocket

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It's his involvement in the Wake Forest espionage scandal that's kept industry insiders from acknowledging that it occurred imo.

justingroves likes this.
  13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Ooh I didn’t know that.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Exactly and I'd bet you're with the majority of this august message board of ours in not being aware of it. The story has hardly seen the light of day in lieu of the drek and pablum produced by "journalist".

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Is there more to the story than what was reported? One dipshit giving another dipshit info over the phone about some plays is obviously not a good situation, but calling it espionage seems a bit much.

The best part about the whole thing is it all took place before the 0-0 regulation game between VT and Wake that ended up being Wake's only conference win. He's such a shitty coach, he was given info about the opponent and still couldn't help beat a 2 win Wake Forest team.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

17. NorrisAlan

They need to get Corso off the air.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's what's keeping him going

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

In an odd way, it still works.

He clearly LOVES the job and the people around him. The rest of the broadcast team clearly all adore him. The audience loves him, and he adds a nostalgia to the show that’ll be impossible to replace when he leaves.

They dont lean on him for insight and analysis. He’s just a feel-good character on a feel-good show.

As long as he’s up for it, and can keep his comments moderately coherent, I’m glad they keep him around.

20. NorrisAlan

It just seems like he is half a breath away from saying something that is just not kosher. But I will say I don't watch them enough anymore to judge. When they went away from the hour format, it was just too much