Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Almost nobody thinks in these terms, and especially not college football coaches.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Never heard of Mark Stoops I take it?

SetVol13, A-Smith, IP and 3 others like this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Could see Oklahoma or Texas being open in the not too distant future.

4. HCKevinSteele

Has a school offered him that would be an equivalent jump up of Ole Miss -> Auburn? I’m honestly asking, I don’t know. I can tell you this though, I don’t see any schools that would fit that description clamoring for Mark Stoops.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sark is going to get 2 years of Manning at the very least. The people there that matter like him.

6. HCKevinSteele

I assume you’d intended to reply to JQK’s post about Texas job potentially opening?

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Wouldn't it be funny if Kiffin was not talking to Auburn because Heupel is and Kiffin thinks he'd have a shot at getting back to Knoxville? Probably wouldn't happen in a million years but we are UT and weird things happen here.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, quoted wrong poster

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Jimbo Fisher has set a new standard with how stupid a college is willing to get.

PilotFlyingJ and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I feel like his name gets floated for every opportunity. My guess is he's had a shot

justingroves likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Kiffin to Knoxville is for two years down the road after Oklahoma moves on from the inevitable collapse of Venables, buries the hatchet with, and subsequently offers a boatload of cash to Heupel to jump over and resurrect the OK.

Edit: For those stupid mistakes you make when the wife is bothering you about the Thanksgiving turkey.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Mel Tucker says hi

CardinalVol likes this.
  13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He at least won a NY6 bowl at State before getting that deal.

Jimbo got paid by aTm for catching lightning in a bottle with Jameis at another job. Now they’ve figured out he’s just a slightly more articulate Ed Orgeron but they’re stuck with him.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

InVolNerable likes this.
  15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Scumbag move but here's what I don't get, why would the school give the money directly to Tucker? Was he supposed to write personal checks or CashApp the assistants? Why wouldn't accounting(or whoever handles that) ask Tucker how the money is to be distributed and then they distribute the funds to those assistant? After all it's the school's money being given. Maybe I'm missing something. But like I said, scumbag move to keep all the cash.

Or maybe they did ask him and he said "just give it all to me, [uck fay] the other guys."

InVolNerable likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, Auburn is a model of a consistent, stable athletic department

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That [uck fay]er even got a 100K bonus that he could keep or share with assistants and he kept it all.

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. HCKevinSteele

Consistent or stable? Who said that? Obviously it isn’t either of those things. It is however a place that you can win a championship. Ole Miss isn’t. It’s not any more complicated than that.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kiffin is having a lot of fun with all this stuff. Offers will leak after the egg bowl.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He reportedly told his players last night that he’s PROBABLY not leaving. I’m sure they’re relieved.