Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Did Clemson find a QB right before playing us, or is UNC just that bad on D?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We are Tennessee. Of course they found a QB the game before we play them.

IP and justingroves like this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Their D let Chase Brice put up 360 yards and 6 TDs.

IP, Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What great qbs have went there? Stafford because he wasn't that special

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Zeier and Murray

A-Smith likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bennett is punchable but deserves respect. He’s not 5’10. He needs knocked down a rung but I don’t know if it’s gonna happen in the playoffs. He can spin it and sees windows many college qbs don’t. More athletic than given credit for. He’s Doug Flutie ish. And Smart lucked into it. Ga does not win last year or this with any other qb on the roster the last few years except Bennett.
    I don’t care who Ga has coming in as qb either. Don’t care as long as I don’t have to watch that kid vs us anymore.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I immediately thought of Zeier. He was a great college QB.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The best one they had in years left because of a racist piece of shit.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My hope is he got his "coming out" game out last night and we get a freshman at the bowl game ripe to make mistakes because he thinks he is invincible.

10. Tar Volon

Pac-12 finishes with six teams ranked between 8 and 18. What a crazy year in that conference—loaded with good teams but couldn’t find a great one.

(tbh, if Oklahoma State had stayed healthy and TCU had lost one more coin flip, the top of the Big 12 might’ve looked similar).

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

or a bunch of average teams beating up on each other.

12. Tar Volon

Arkansas/Kansas is a sneaky fun one. Looks like one of the more interesting of the December bowls. Texas/Washington is interesting too.

13. Tar Volon

They went a combined 30-3 against the remainder of the conference and 16-2 in non-con. I’m not necessarily saying they’re all better than the Texas/Ole Miss/Mississippi State type teams lurking around the bottom of the top 25, but it’s a pretty clear separation between them and the next group down that makes it unlikely to be total mediocrity.

14. Tar Volon

lolololol they did Iowa/Kentucky in Nashville. What’s higher, the combined scores of both teams for the full game, or Oregon’s first half total against UNC

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

YUUUUUCCCKKK

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Leaning into the music shitty nickname

justingroves likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Satterfield leaving Louisville for the Cincy job shows exactly how bad of a fit that job was for him. He has wanted out since halfway through his first year.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And it's going to make for a hilarious fenwsy bowl.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Has this ever happened before? I was trying to think but couldn't remember a time where it has.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Is there another example, other than TCU this weekend, of a team losing a game and not dropping at all in the CFP/AP?