Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's not changed a bit -

Unimane likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Shit, he ain’t come there to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

A sampler on the Stetson Bennett not graduating story, from the best CFB writer in the game.

upload_2023-5-19_10-15-0.png

4. CardinalVol

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do they not have contract lawyers looking over this as it goes? How do you not realize you don't have the full rights to the 2026 conference title game to give away? That's a dumb mistake.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Have you watched Tetris?

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

yeah they wouldn’t have even played if trump would have busted his balls over it

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  10. CardinalVol

I hate November night games and im not bordering Canada. No thanks.

11. CardinalVol

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not sure if I would be quite that gobsmacked meeting a Tennessee coach, but I've seen bammers get this way before at a charity golf tournament during the early 00s when meeting Gene Stallings. I'm guessing there are plenty of Tennessee fans who might though.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I saw Fulmer at Famous Dave's one day about 20 years ago. It would never occur to me to run over, scream "GO VOLS!" and ask to have a picture taken with him.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I might say something if I happened to run into him in Europe, but I don't think I would be all shaky hands and ask him all kinds of questions or whatnot.

IP likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

And if I said something, it would be in a normal speaking voice and not require a response. "Hey coach, hope you're having a nice time. Go vols." No requests, no intrusion if they are actively eating or whatever.

warhammer likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I saw Rick Barnes at Jersey Mike’s. After he got a pic with some sorority sisters I gave him a head nod because we kind of made eye contact. I could tell he was kind of ready for more but I’m happy to let him or any of those guys just get his sammich like a normal person

SetVol13, dknash, IP and 2 others like this.
  17. CardinalVol

I see Fulmer on a fairly regular basis at this point here or there.

Last time I saw Barnes was at Dead End in 2020. It was the first day restaurants could open post lock-down and he said he had gone to Pete's for breakfast and there for lunch. I chuckled that he probably wasn't going to eat at home for at least 3 months to make up for lost time.

18. CardinalVol

Honestly if I met Heupel I'd just ask about Leach stories or if I could have 30 minutes sometime to pick his brain on some stuff.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

30 minutes?!

20. CardinalVol

Not then. Just sometime. And I figure I'd be lucky to get that. I could probably go for 30 days if I really wanted.