Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When they aren't coaching they are traveling recruiting or something recruiting.

I'm friends with a son in law of a former UT assistant. He was telling me about everything the guy had to do. It was 24/7/365.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There is no off season in College Football anymore. it is 24/7/365 recruiting.

EDIT: Card coming in and stealing my thunder. Anyway, I don't know how this kind of model can keep working. These coaches are (if they care #ddiapos) going to burn out and have heart attacks on the field at 50 years old.

I would like to see the NFL draft a ton of kids and then allocate them to "college farm teams", but that is just something off the top of my head. Not sure it would work.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

interesting. I guess that makes sense.

4. NorrisAlan

Unless, of course, you are the OBC in USCjr. Then it is work until 2, hit the golf course by 3. Which is how it should be, but the job has morphed into a monstrosity with all the money involved now.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Racked up a losing (41-49) record, banking $24+ mill and hasn't coached since Sept ... only in America!

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

7. NorrisAlan

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Golston transferring to FSU. weird fit IMO. if he starts I bet that's bad news for FSU.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well he had a wife and two kids too.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Fsu fans are going to be mighty disappointed.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

given the fact he couldn't beat out a qb at ND I thought was thoroughly mediocre, I hardly see this as game changer. and they run a pretty complicated offense at FSU. if he couldn't master Kelly's offense after 3 years, I find it hard to believe he's going to step in and play well with a couple of months in fishers.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Josh Imatorbhebhe commits to Tee and USC. I imagine Kesling let out a sigh of relief and is breathing easier. lol

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Randy Sanders has never drawn up a complicated game plan in his life

14. NorrisAlan

Bubble Screens and 5 yard out routes are freaking hard, dude.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Fisher has

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

What's Fisher have at QB? Two Frosh and a Soph backing Maguire? Who's not that experienced either. Lots of new blood and a JR who had an okay Spring and one start under his belt. Maguire's (only true) advantage? He knows Fishers O / playbook. Golson's more talented and he adds mobility --- FSU returns just one starter to their o-line. It really comes down to how quickly he can get the O.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

is that an offense that really takes advantage of golson's mobility? golson flat out sucked for the vast majority of last year at ND

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

If Golson can get the O down (or at least a majority) he's their starter week one, imo

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

then, as you suggested, that says more about the crap FSU currently has at qb than golson.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Things are just rosy in Ann Arbor