Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No

Savage Orange likes this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sophomore Tee Higgins, but still a good point.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And Lawrence and Ross is about to be one of the most productive QB/WR duo in college football history.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Bama had a bad night. Happens eventually to everyone but Clemson is the new King of CFB. It’ll probably be part V next year unless one coach or the other leaves their current gig...

TangoUniform likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Clemson needs to curb stomp them one more time.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Beechervol, VolDad, reVOLt and 2 others like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The wailing and gnashing of teeth that Tennessee is so far behind kills me.

If Tennessee doesn't have a lame duck dumbass for a head coach, Higgins, Lawrence and Amari are Vols. Etienne visited here several times.

There is a talent gap, but it only takes 2 good recruiting classes to close it. The dumbass intern won 9 games twice because of two really good recruiting classes

Beechervol, zehr27, MWR and 1 other person like this.
  7. Savage Orange

Not that it’s going to happen, but hopefully Bama won’t even make it to the NC game next year. I don’t think they’ll miss the playoffs but Bama fatigue is real and I think even the ‘AA is tired of them being on top. I know everyone outside of Tuscaloosa is sick of ‘em. Just as long as Georgia isn’t the team taking their place I think I'd be OK with just about any other program (with a few exceptions)...

8. Savage Orange

This.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hell, Butch assembled enough talent that he should have had a couple of 11/12 win seasons if he wasn't a dumbass. There is no reason that a competent head coach can't have a program rolling within 2-3 recruiting cycles, especially in today's college football where teams are so dependent on underclassmen.

justingroves likes this.
  10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They played great, but the real story is how well that defensive line did, down an All American.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nick Saban's rise at Alabama rested on the backs of freshmen and JUCOs from his first recruiting class. Once he had it rolling, it became the machine it is today.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Uni-no damn-versity

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Silly.

Alabama beat the shit out of everybody for the first 14 games of the season. They played poorly last night and got trounced. That doesn't announce a culture change, or a 3* x&o guy, or a program's downfall.

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And they will likely roll into the playoffs next year at 13-0. Alabama isn't going anywhere.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yep. They’ll be right back next year.

If they ran it back today, I’m not so sure I wouldn’t take Bama to beat Clemson.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And don't forget, they are ejecting Butch Jones after this year, so they will be twice as good next year.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I was surprised Bama couldn't ever get them stopped, but the problems on offense looked largely self-inflicted. I thought Tua looked out of sync all night.

Pick 6 and false start on the 1 in the first half, and back to back turn overs on downs to open the 2nd just didn't look like the Bama offense that scored 45+ 10 times this season.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I wondered if Locksley was actually calling the plays.

They weren’t downhill aggressive against the Clemson front in the red zone. They ran laterally and cutesy. More passive then you expect from Bama.

They should have pressured Lawrence more early. Notre Dame went after him and made it difficult for a half. Bama relied on 4, never really hit him, and he stood back there and picked them apart.

Great job by Clemson front, but Bama didn’t really come after them.

20. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Nah fam