Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Penn St and Pitt are bouncing back and forth the idea of extending their rivalry. They last met in 2000 and are scheduled to play the first of at least a four gm stint beginning 2016.

Personally, I like seeing Franklin get his (and then some) as often and as much as possible, so yeah, I hope AD's Barnes and Barbour can come to terms and agree to keep the series going.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maggitt may end up a high draft pick, then Tennessee will have North, Hurd, Barnett and JRM in 2017

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

If they stay. Fingers crossed.

The way Jones and staff are 'cruitin' it won't take long to replenish those drawndown numbers of (former) Vols in the league. Which, in turn, helps the 'cruitin'. It's a win win. Don't ya love the way that works

4. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Kyle Davis decommitted from Sakerlina. With the way our luck goes, he will land in Knoxville.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Better Tennessee than Georgia

6. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

True. Though, we tend to beat Georgia more here lately, especially when we shouldn't. Tennessee just has our number. Owns us is a better way to put it.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

And ya'll keep on. You have our blessin'

Ours w/ SS, SC is just caught up in it.

Speaking of streaks, another two (?) yrs and he'll pass (his days in) FL in yrs coached. Ya'll gonna throw him a party or throw him in a sand trap?

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Former Michigan DB Countess will play his final yr at Auburn, reportedly he's immediately eligible.

9. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I'm ready to build the guy a statue and do whatever we need to get him a lifetime membership at Augusta. Now if he gets on the bud heavy too hard and passes out in one, that's on him. The problem with your average **** fan is that they are quickly forgetting where we came from.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Tom Herman / UH are having an explosive May in recruiting. He said he wanted to lock down Houston, well he's off to a strong start receiving six of seven commits (currently ranked #29) from Houston (including suburbs Missouri City & Richmond) lead by 5* DT Oliver (05.21) and 4* DT Elliott (05.22).

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Didn't he hire their coach or something?

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yeah, Meekins (TE/FB) coached Oliver at Westfield where he turned the program into a perrenial power going 114-27 (11 yrs) including multiple playoffs and a state championship as it's HC. Good hire, imo.

Herman's put together a good staff including DC/LB Orlando, OC/QB Applewhite, AHC/DL Giles, RB Pope among them.

Gotta give it to UH and UHAD they've had their share of talented HC's

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This satellite camp debate is humorous.

Lord only knows what it will be like if sec goes forward and allows it.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I really don't get what the big deal is.

16. CardinalVol

SEC doesn't want big 10 schools down here.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I find it hard to believe a bunch of southern kids are going to be snapped up by schools in the snow belt. or at least not enough to make a shit fit about it.

18. CardinalVol

All about territorial protection.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't see how a school should have any say about another's school's camps and programs.

20. CardinalVol

It's all about Big 10 schools having easier access to kids in the south and the SEC not wanting it. It's kind of ridiculous.