Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean, the halftime speech was all her

chavisut likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"Despite her stirring halftime speech and 30 yard kick..." isnt laying it on her. Much less than what you said, but again, far right breitbert tweeted it so now here we are. Shocker

3. Ssmiff

This is quite a bit meaner and you mention her weak kick. Pretty mean stuff. Make up your mind

InVolNerable likes this.
  4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That was rough. I feel for the kids on losing squad.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't even notice who tweeted it. Do they write about sports a lot, or only when commenting on social issues regarding women and minorities?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree. It is purely about her being lauded as breaking the "power 5 football" barrier when others performed better and were on Power 5 teams. I didn't say anything about what she has said or attempted to attribute Vanderbilt being Vanderbilt to her. It was Vanderbilt before.

7. Ssmiff

don't know or care or follow them. Funny tweet about her halftime speech and players sitting out, and if it was by anybody else, you would agree, as you've already made fun of the PR stunt and her "highschool level leg". Make up your mind

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That might be the worst decision making I've ever seen a coach have at the end of a game at any level ever.

JT5 likes this.
  9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

So many issues, I don’t even know where to begin.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The 17-10 loss to Alabama in 1972 has a legacy of its own within 3rd Saturday in October lore. The one play (or sequence) from the game that hardly anyone remembers is Bill Battle electing to punt with :30 seconds remaining and zero timeouts. Alabama didn't even field the punt. Once the official blew it dead and signaled the change in possession, Alabama's offense came out just long enough to take a knee and go home.

11. chavisut

After the 3 kneels, would have been better off and safer to just go ahead and kneel again on 4th down.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The onside kick return set up was just, I am not sure what.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don’t even know why they’re kneeling and taking 5 yard losses every down in the first place. Why not run the ball and see if you can pick up a first down, and then you can actually take the V formation and run out the clock.

ptclaus98, IP and chavisut like this.
  14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No sense whatsoever. And they had 3 timeouts at their disposal to recalibrate when they saw how stupid the alignment was.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And Thompson had 11 men in on the punt block, didn’t even have a return man back. Punter could been prepped to check and lob an easy first down over to his gunner on the left side. No one over there within 20 yards of that guy.

16. Ssmiff

Or at least call a timeout and make sure the punter gets rid of it with a sense of urgency.
    The entire staff and team decided the game was over.

chavisut likes this.
  17. chavisut

Oh the kneeling to begin with makes no sense.

Just went back. They started at the 20 yard line. They probably win if the QB just hands the ball to the DT on first down.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  18. chavisut

I think icing the kicker is mostly useless but in that situation I’m using all the timeouts that I for some reason never used.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

watch the punter after it’s blocked. Is like kid chugged a bottle of NyQuil before taking the field.

chavisut and Ssmiff like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Go back and look at the fg D alignment. Kid had to kick a line drive to get it there. They had nobody trying to block from the angle and were playing for a fake.
    3 OL on left side, from a right hash kick, didnt have to block anybody