POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t trust any man that skips leg days in the gym

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jfc

3. cpninja

cpninja Member

I think you mostly got it, although I see a lot of younger people just use it as a replacement for LGBT and as a better way to include "everyone" under an umbrella without having to use a ridiculous acronym like LGBTQIA2S+ in normal conversations

gcbvol likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Nah, he seems like he'd be okay with the joke. Roll with the punches, I guess you'd say.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Stand up guy, then.

utvol0427 likes this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If anything like that offended him, he doesn't seem like one to take it sitting down.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Circling back to the abortion discussion…

I saw a picture my cousin recently posted on Facebook of her baby. The baby was born with an extremely severe cleft palate. Seeing the picture, it’s absolutely amazing what surgery and treatment can do for something like that.

But I mention that to reference a different post she made on Facebook while she was pregnant. She’s very Christian, but intelligent and educated enough to see, consider, and understand the other side of the equation. In her post, she considered an often stated point from the pro-choice side that it is the side that “loves the mother.” She recalled the appointment during which she and her husband found out that their baby/fetus would be born with a severe cleft palate, and the doctor asked her if she wanted to continue or discontinue the pregnancy. She stated that it was the least loved she had ever felt in her entire life. She said the question was asked in a way so nonchalant that they could have just as easily been talking about her home internet service.

One extreme is that abortion should never happen. The other is that it should be able to happen at any point prior to birth. I think most of us fall somewhere in the middle. For me, it’s hard to understand how a severe cleft palate, or similar disadvantages/issues, can be used as reasonable justifications for aborting an otherwise perfectly healthy baby/fetus.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We woulda never had Joaquin Phoenix, Jesse Jackson or Peyton Manning if their parents chose to abort them over a cleft palate.
    I do have a friend with a lovely adopted girl named Mya from China. She was born with a cleft palate and found on the side of the road. [uck fay] china

justingroves likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is no reason to not lift the filibuster. McConnell said they'd do it in 2025. Always pageantry.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well you see, when it is from verified conservative sources then the leaks are fine.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm still tripping on two justices using the phrase "domestic supply of infants". The decades fetishizing and obsession of the abortion issue has taken them to a weird and disturbing place.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Isn't Biden Catholic?

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think so. I know the Pope is.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I Googled and it appears you are correct.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Elvis hair inspired hat

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Based on the 5th circuit ruling today, the 8thmaxim may no longer be allowed to ban members or delete their posts.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I doubt we will get policed on that

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Thankfully, Indy lives in Maryland

SetVol13 and zehr27 like this.