POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

[uck fay] off, Float.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The House and Senate could vote on a Constitutional Amendment legalizing interracial marriage tomorrow, and they would each get 2/3 vote with EASE. Imagine how quickly anyone who voted against that would get pushed out of office. Can you imagine the attack ads? Jesus.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Then you haven't been consistent, because more times than not, you have only included the 38 state bit.

Why not do a tally, since you like "actual numbers," and let's measure your consistency.

4. fl0at_

Pushed out by whom? People don't vote on things that don't effect them. There is an extreme lack of empathy in our system.

Who is going to rally for interracial marriage on the right?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, because the 2/3 vote in the House and Senate would both come so easily that it's not even worth talking about further.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

No worries. It only took over 200 years for the last Amendment (27th) to be ratified in 1992 (I think).
    Easy peasy.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is such a weird hill for you to die on.

8. fl0at_

Loving was 1967, man. Not the 1800s.

There are people alive in the Senate and House that voted for people who supported BANNING interracial marriage.

These people are my parents age, and I don't think that would be enough of a thing to cause a single one of my parents, of which I have 4, to switch to the blue side.

SetVol13 likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well I wouldn't argue that at all.

Indy likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://news.gallup.com/poll/354638/approval-interracial-marriage-new-high.aspx

4% approval in 1958.

94% approval in 2021.

I can't believe we are having this conversation.

11. fl0at_

It's legal, and we support it. The only caveat, is we say the government has to do it. And then the government appoints someone to do it. And boom, done by people, to people, and 100% legal.

We call physically harming people "torture." And we call murdering people "justice."

12. fl0at_

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Now do the 26th Amendment.

And that doesn't even take into account the uniqueness of the presented situation. Interracial Marriage has been "legal" for over 50 years. Adding it as an Amendment, if needed, would be super easy. How many people you see out protesting interracial marriage?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes. People are adamant that the government should kill people.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's an OBGYN saying the number is "overwhelming" concerning a portion which is already only 7%. I think that should suffice.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you point me to the part of the recent ruling that looks at the number of protests? Because it sure looks like they don't give a [uck fay] about protests but if they do they need to reverse course.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yes.

upload_2022-6-27_17-1-58.png

Tell me more about how the South is going to make up for the rest of the country?

18. fl0at_

Gay marriage has 70% approval using same Gallop.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350486/record-high-support-same-sex-marriage.aspx

What are the odds gay marriage gets through these hurdles are think are so easy on interracial marriage?

What's the line? 80%? How long ago where we 80%? 90%? How long were we to 90%?

Use gay marriage as your comparison. Why would it have problems, but something only 24% more of us a lock?

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We aren't talking about rulings. We are talking about Constitutional Amendments.

Interracial Marriage has been virtually legal for over 50 years. No one really opposes it (which is why I asked how many people you see out protesting it). Therefore, Constitutional Amendment would be easy.

20. fl0at_

If you think the people polled are answering in good faith, I'd like to point you to the people who think everything has become too "PC."

A few more bounces go your way, and the ugly nature of what America is is going to shine.

The one saving grace for interracial marriages (of which your Gallop poll was only black-white) is that baptists don't think it is a sin. That's it.

I bet you ask that question "should white women marry black men," and the south goes full 20% no.