POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I suspect this is fake and meant to undermine alt right militia recruiting. Why is that one guy's face all covered up? He is just the only shy one, or is it to create a motif reminiscent of the Islamic terrorist training clips from the 2000's and 90's?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Glad those dudes are ready to confront and draw with the enemy when outnumbering 7-1 though.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't rain on my parade IP. Let me laugh and enjoy this.

VolDad likes this.
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Video shows Chicago police shooting unarmed 13-year-old

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Good luck on this one in the courts, guys. They’re spending all this time finding every loophole that can conceive and zero time on helping actual people now affected by their legislative efforts.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] them.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Huh. Wonder how they are going to legislate this one from the bench. Which is going to be what has to happen to un[uck fay] this.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Can’t even fathom crawling out of bed on a Saturday morning like so many folks do who go marching for whatever political issue, much less deciding I needed to drive two hours out of my way into the sticks to practice Miltia drills.

Something ridiculous like dadgum Communist China rolling their tanks down Pennsylvania Ave would have to happen before I’m like, “well yes, grabbing my gun to go train with the nearest miltia is actually a great idea and use of my time!”

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s people feeling a part of something. Maybe they’ve been searching their whole lives. I doubt many of those people at age 12 or 13 would imagine they’d be doing that stuff just a few years later and carry a crooked mindset.

IP, ole_orange and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Also another reason weed should be legal. Guys like that smoke and somebody is gonna say “wtf are we doing..”

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And getting lost in their algorithm fed feeds that just reinforce what they already believe. A viscous cycle.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I definitely think we as a society in general vastly underestimate just how many people are truly and bitterly lonely. People who back in the day mighta relied on the company of their local bar, their church, book club, common hobbies ect to serve as their primary source of companionship and fellowship have traded these interpersonal interactions we took for granted in exchange for a reality where one sits alone day after day watching screens as their lives slowly slip by. The need to belong is as innate to humanity as it gets. People will attempt to fill that void somewhere, somehow. Makes sense politics serves as that void for many

One of the main reasons I think I’ve always loved sports since I was able to form memories is because sports made me feel like I belonged. Was always on a team and nearly all of my best friends to this day I initially met through some form of sports over the years. Sports provided an avenue to constantly be surrounded by family and neighbors when we would gather somewhere to watch the Vols or Titans. Being with thousands of other people in person at a stadium united by one thing: our team. Feeling included in something bigger than just yourself is a powerful and alluring human emotion.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    SetVol13, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I think my grandparents generation had at least one thing right: only absorb 30 min/1 hour of local and national news a day. After that you turn off the radio or tv and return to your actual life.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. Ssmiff

we had 3 channels and 1 tv. It was hardly ever on except Johny Carson or sports. I still don’t watch the news. If you haven’t seen it in awhile and tune in. It’s 25 minutes of horrible news then a feel good story the last 1 minute. People like my mom get addicted to it

ole_orange likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And you know what? Everyone was probably better off for it. Something about reading a book, being outside or talking with your neighbor about nothing on their porch instead of dedicating your entire evening watching rage and fear bait 24/7 news cycles that didn’t make them batshit crazy about politics

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Vols are my anti- antifa.

ole_orange likes this.
  17. Unimane

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, this is the angle to take in terms of values. Vance says this? Well I say individuals should have freedom in their associations. Spin it into language that makes it clear he is talking about people's personal freedom being curtailed. Because he is.

No doubt divorce is harmful, but less so than an abusive marriage. Amputation is harmful, but less so than gangrene.

19. Unimane

The article also notes how divorce is at a 50 year low, even in our evil, progressive, and modern world. He fails to note one of the reasons his grandparents "stuck it out", as did people in those generation, was due to the limited opportunities and rights of single women. Hell, women couldn't get credit cards and bank accounts without a husband's say so. George Wallace was able to keep a cancer diagnosis from his wife because he had the power to do so under law at that time. There are innumerable horror stories from those generations regarding abusive relationships and hushed family secrets. It's simply another form of the noxious nostalgia of some phony idyllic time which never really existed in the way people believe it did.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hot take: the easy access to divorce brings people together. My wife would never have taken a chance on me without the possibility of divorce

peelwonder likes this.