POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She's in the news because of who she is. She's out because that's who they offered and we took the deal, especially since her crime was small potatoes.. Again, you keep saying she's out because of the reasons you listed, but have no proof of it other than what you "believe".

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nobody should be left in Russia.

zehr27 and gcbvol like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He sold arms to bad people, he's not Lex Luthor.

4. Unimane

I don't give a [uck fay] about whether she was arrogant or not, plus I don't know how she demonstrated arrogance by having trace amounts of a lotion in her bag. It's not a relevant consideration. Her being a right winger or left winger is immaterial, too, and there's zero evidence to suggest she'd still be in prison if she was a right winger.

So, no I don't know damn well and neither does anyone else.

And, we were offering Bout for Whelan anyway. He's a washed up arms dealer who won't be able to operate anymore in the international market. He was already on the table.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah it is. Weed, and all things like it, are illegal in Russia. You play with fire, you might get caught.

If you say so.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

That we had been offering Bout for Whelan seems to be lost because it doesn't fit the outrage of them being unwilling to give up Whelan at this time.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sold arms to people who killed Americans, iir, but it’s all good.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is this where I bring up Chicago shootings or something? Yes, he is very bad. But I don't think he is a present or future threat. He's not a genius mastermind, he doesn't run a fanatical movement, and any resources he gets will come from a nation state.

9. Ssmiff

One of the issues that has been discussed the last few years is the lack of common sense by so many more people, in all facets of life. People look for proof from crooked media rather than just look at the whole deal and think about it. Common sense after looking at this whole fiasco is what brought me to my “belief”, or opinion. You disagree. Fine. Then tell me where is the push for what, 100 Americans in various countries for bs reasons?
    It is what it is. Talking about it doesn’t mean I’m outraged. Politics and all around it is one big joke.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

One of these is not like the other:
    - Middle aged while man and Russian Arms Dealer held since 2008
    - Middle aged white man, former Marine, convicted of spying held since 2018
    - Black, Woman, LBGTQ, Athlete convicted of less than a gram of hash oil.

Biden shit the bed on this one. But hey; he checked all of the Liberal boxes.

11. Ssmiff

whatever. I still think will Ferrell up there as emcee of a draft announcing a trade of “The Merchant of Death for Britney Griner” has potential.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Compare their sentences along with the charges.

I will argue with anyone on this because the take that griner wasn't worthy of intervention is wrong, the take that this was at the expense of Whelan is not factually supported, and the politicization of this is harmful to Whelan and helpful to Russia. So I won't just let it stand. I will try and find a way to convince you.

Unimane likes this.
  13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So if we gave up an arms dealer for a basketball player; what do do we have to give up for Whelan?

I am sorry Mr President but you are being swapped for Whelan.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

That people are bringing up griner's sex, race, and orientation is really strange. Is the argument that these things are why she was helped and shouldn't matter? If they shouldn't matter then why bring them up at all? It undermines that argument since we are talking about 2 people. If we counted up thr demographics of all the people ever traded for, she is probably the only black woman ever traded for at all, let alone her orientation. So if it doesn't matter, why is it being brought up as a problem?

15. Ssmiff

It’s not strange. It’s in headlines and articles about this whole deal. You are the one that seems to have a problem recognizing it for what it is. Huge push and pressure by wnba, supporters and lbgtq community is why she’s out.

16. Unimane

We gave up Bout, who had been in prison for 11 years, for an American citizen. I wish people would frame it in this manner instead of "gay", "lesbian", "basketball player", "Marine", etc. The only relevant title for any of them is American citizen.

17. Unimane

You sure it's not you who's having a problem seeing this for what it is?

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Gay mafia strikes again. Most powerful shadow organization on the planet.

19. Ssmiff

yep. 100%. People get special treatment sometimes in life. It happens. Only a few in the world can be traded for the merchant of death.

20. Unimane

Yes, American citizens considered unjustly held in Russian prisons. Bout had been offered for Whelan and was rejected by Russia. He was offered for Griner and they agreed. You seem to be operating under the concept only Griner got this consideration (since she's a famous gay liberal or whatever), which isn't true. Whelan, a former Marine Trumpy got the same offer. Hell, we even offered another Russian held in American prison as a 2 for 2 deal and got rejected for Whelan.

The common sense part kicking in should be where it's obvious Russia does not want to give up a guy they perceive as a spy.