POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s headed straight for us

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I know of at least two rednecks that could have that thing down in less than a second.

All they need is one phone call.

justingroves likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No way that thing makes it through Nebraska without someone taking matters into their own hands.

C'mon China, at least be civilized and use satellites.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is above 80,000 ft, I don't think rednecks have that kind of range but I could be wrong.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They buy 50 cals for a reason

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is this thing a real deal? It seems like this is not real sly of the Chinese. Like what is getting accomplished?

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thing is it isn't new, either. They have been doing this for a while, from what I read yesterday. It is just now getting out into the public. Why are they doing this with balloons? No clue, unless they can get some better equipment that weighs too much for a satellite onto its platform, but that is just guess work on my part.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Weird. Why has our government not had a talk with them about this? It seems like a violation of privacy and we should tell them to [uck fay] off.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I will give credit to Biden on him staying tough on China and not erasing what Trump started.

The semiconductor ban is going to wreck their ability to be a modern player in technology.

we’re also about to kill the one decided advantage they have with solar production

tvolsfan and justingroves like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a very cost effective way to spy, we've done it before. 50 years ago, but still.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Could be carrying a chemical weapon and drop it. Hopefully just on Ohio if it does happen.

SetVol13, justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I gather there is some heated discussion going on. A state department dude was supposed to go to China but cancelled in the wake of this. I think the administration is pissed but keeping it closed doors with China while they assess things.

I feel like there are questions that need to be answered. Where was it launched from? Where has it been and where is it going? What was the recovery plan, if any? What kind of data is it gathering, is it being transmitted or was it to be retrieved?

But remember this kind of shit when people talk about UFO's. Not that they are literally spy balloons in all cases, but there are nations putting up stuff and doing stuff besides the US and besides planes.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

They have nukes and submarines, that would be a weird flex. Also, I don't think they want us dead. They want us dependent.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We wouldn’t have stopped it. Just reported a Chinese balloon flying over the US

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Larry Lawnchair was the real dude.
    In the 80's, IIRC.

Danny Deckchair was the Aussie movie inspired by it.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

People in general asking why Montana? Because that’s where we keep much of our nukes would be my best guess, even if the balloon is more of a symbolic message to us if anything. I’m actually surprised they didn’t shoot it down just because of how wide open an area of our country like that is.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We've been tracking it since it entered Alaskan airspace. The thing is easy to track and moves very predictably. No need for us to do anything crazy.

tvolsfan likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Maybe it’s just gonna drop Chick Fil A coupons