POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I believe a jury found him not guilty due to self defense so it was self defense.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, now do OJ. Then Casey Anthony.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A jury found them not guilty. That was easy.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

So no murders?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Someone murdered those people just not the people on trial according to the jury. Neither of those people were claiming self defense.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah. According to the jury. Exactly.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's how it works.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Saw Jalen Rose tried to claim Jacob Blake was shot to death by police. And he’s apparently not the only one. Lots of people still saying he was unarmed.

People are still talking about Rittenhouse crossing state lines as if it was a multi hour drive, rather than 20 minutes and the place where his dad and grandmother live, where he has a job, and where some of his friends live.

I don’t know what’s more concerning, that this many people are willing to lie to push their narrative, or that this many people are so uninformed yet willing to form and push their opinions of the situation.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

By the legal system, this is a correct statement. But, and I'll let you in on a little secret that you can give some thought as you grow up... there is more than just legality, because (and this is the important part) laws can change, and similar situations can produce different jury results.

This was not self-defense.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If he was being attacked and/or felt threatened, it is 100% self defense. Goes for anybody being attacked or threatened at anytime

11. fl0at_

You think someone who is scared of their shadow, that went to the grocery store, and just "felt threatened" could kill someone and claim self defense?

Of course not. Self defense is not feeling threatened. It's not "feelings." It's very subjective, but it isn't feelings, but it is becoming more and more subjective, every day, because of statements like this, where, if someone "feels threatened" they can attack. When you attack, you aren't defending. Self defense has become an attack, based on being shook.

Think of any fight you've gotten in to in your life. Why couldn't someone, or yourself, claim self defense, and have killed you, or you killed them? That's where we are, right now. Where your fights when you were younger are now enough to have you put in the ground.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I.e Trump, Trumpers, Republican Party...

13. Ssmiff

If you run at me with a flying kick or skateboard or gun or tell me you are going to kill me, it is my right to defend myself and consider the attack as life or death situation. Him or me. You go ahead and give it the benefit of doubt and have an attempt at a boxing match if you wish. And hope the guy doesn't have a knife and end you

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only lesson is that the guy with a pistol should have shot first. Then he'd get off on self defense. I would expect a lot more armed people on all sides of these things going forward. And a lot more deaths.

15. Ssmiff

If he was being chased by a man pointing a gun at him, absolutely.
    Maybe people will learn to not be so stupid if there are repercussions for actions such as trying to take a guys head off with a weapon or chasing with a gun.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was following an armed shooter who shot a guy that he had pointed a gun at moments prior that then got upset.

17. fl0at_

Have you ever had someone yell that they'd kill you, probably because they were drunk? And did you feel, when they did, that your life was in danger? Have you ever told someone you'd kill them, probably because you were drunk, and young, and dumb... and meant it?

You've just described a situation where if any of of those were true, that you would be within your rights to kill or be killed. Seems like a pretty dumb and scared shitless society, to me.

18. Ssmiff

Prove I don't feel threatened in court. Good luck
    And yes drunk fools like Temple coach Chaney telling Calipari he would kill him is different than being alone in a hectic situation and man running after you saying he's going to kill you.
    You are smarter than that

19. Ssmiff

Couple recent grads from CPA who were stabbed and killed trying to have a boxing match at 2 AM probably would disagree with your assessment about assessing when you can defend yourself and with what force

20. fl0at_

No, you've provided no difference, except that I have to prove it in court, and you've stated the problem: how can you prove that I'm not feeling threatened by someone just yelling at me? How?

I'm saying you are smarter than that.