POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It must feel a little bad to keep pretending like your word choices are not super deliberate to avoid acknowledging there is a difference between "male" and "man." Why lie? How logical and unemotional can a position be if you have to lie to yourself?

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I think so. Y'all be wild

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yes, people are fully capable of being assholes. This isn’t news

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

^Dude who claimed a few days ago that people who like the constitution harp for the return of slavery based on non-existent words typed out by these people is preaching about lying again. Keep believing the lie though that gender is a non-binary fluid reality for human beings because a segment of society has gender dysphoria. As I said, couldn't be more happy to agree to disagree with your perspective here.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Adults using gender dysphoria as an excuse to confuse elementary children with how to use pronouns and holding the belief that they have earned the right to universally change the functions of language is certainly peak assholery.

6. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

No, it's "él es fuerte". And if you changed it to an informal version, it becomes "usted es fuerte" if spoken to directly. If not, it's super easy to say "that person" as in, "esa persona" and it still be translated as "es fuerte". It's actually quite simple.

You're as well-versed in Spanish as you are in Biology, apparently.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Savage Orange likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why are you deflecting? You set out talking about biology and saying I was emotional. Now look where we are.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Sorry. Didn’t realize they had confused you

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I watched the show and thought the exchange was interesting:

LBGTQ Couple - a trans woman is a Woman

Walsh - Define what is a "Woman"

LBGTQ Couple - We can't

zehr27, Indy and ole_orange like this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Whether you are actually 7 feet tall or not has no bearing on whether others show you a kindness.

I imagine at some point someone told you that you could be anything. It literally wasn't true, but it didn't hurt anything to say it.

If someone wants to be called something, call 'em so. It doesn't hurt anything. And it is no more confusing to single language children than it is to bilingual children whose other language is one without assigning "gender" to objects, which is to say, it isn't at all confusing.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does it trigger memories of confusion in biology class? What is really the problem here? The kids are fine. A lot of things are confusing, but learning to accept others' identities is not. It is not much more than calling people by their names. Let people live their lives.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sure. the verb conjugated to "es" as dictated by the use of a singular 3rd person pronoun definitely isn't altered to the plural 3rd person form of "son" because an individual demands that "they" is their pronoun.

Usted/Ustedes means = you/y'all
    Ellos/ellas = they/them

Totally not confusing at all. You clearly have a grasp on Spanish. But carry on

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s icky, IP, and god forbid our kids think it’s not icky.

14. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

It wouldn't be translated as "they/ellos" in Spanish. It would be translated as "usted" because it's an individual. We don't possess a word that directly translates to "usted", so we use "they". So, yes, I clearly have an excellent grasp on Spanish-- enough to know that ello never means "he" and doesn't have a common use outside of literary scenes. If you mistyped and meant to say "ellos," refer to the prior message. Either way, you're wrong find yourself in the exact same scenario with biology-- you're out of your depth.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What evidence do you have that the kids "are fine"? Trans people have a suicide rate that is 9x higher than everyone else. You don't know what the [uck fay] you are talking about as it pertains to the long term effect mainstream gender dysphoria has on society. Perhaps it is not helpful to encourage the delusion that they can transform into something they are not. If anything I'd say people like you convincing yourself that you are helping is more of a problem than people like me questioning the mainstreaming of gender dysphoria.

And as I said earlier, I'm fine with pretending that someone is a girl even though they were born a boy. I'll call them by their new name. What I'm not going to do is *literally* believe that they are a girl when they were born as a boy.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You not understanding Usted/ustedes isn't my problem.

zehr27 likes this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Gee, wonder why one of the most marginalized groups in modern day society has a higher suicide rate?

Also, studies indicate that gender affirming hormone therapy, in particular, has positive effects on the mental health of trans individuals. So I’d say “encouraging the delusion” as you put it, actually does more good than harm.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

LBGTQ couple had to defend the indefensible. Wild how "gender experts" froze like a deer in headlights when asked to define such a simple term.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea it's definitely not the fault of people affirming their dysphoria. It's mean ole society. Everyone in the medical community agrees that affirming to schizos that the voices in their head are indeed real is a logical and compassionate approach to making them well.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What evidence is there that the kids are not fine? Trans people's suicide rate has a lot to do with the shit they get and the way they are treated by members of the general public while trying to go about even the most mundane activities, don't you think? I'm not so sure I am helping, to be honest. I should probably be doing more to make sure they feel accepted as human beings and have resources to seek objective, professional advice and support. You are thinking about the situation as if this is a destructive behavior that should be stopped or treated rather than as a real condition to be addressed. But destroying what? The children? Societal contracts? You haven't said anything about the person themselves.