POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Except, again, GAHT is actually shown to positively impact mental health in trans individuals.

2. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

"Usted" is singular.
    "Ustedes" is plural.
    Just because you say "they" in English to refer to one person doesn't mean it's translated as "ustedes" in Spanish.
    Anymore lessons you'd like to begin today? We can do one that isn't language or biology.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Compare the suicide rates of trans youth vs non trans youth abs keep pretending things are just peachy

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Link of these these studies? Any examples or studies of people who report negative outcomes of hormonal therapy? Or instances of people with negative experiences with hormonal therapy irrelevant because those instances contradicts your position?

5. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Curious how you're already rejecting that alleged evidence without having seen it despite lamenting how someone else only thinks the way they do because they ignore evidence.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I could be wrong, but I imagine they "can't" define it because they don't believe it is definable.

They were making the cause that they were a woman, but that "woman" couldn't be singularly defined.

I cannot speak for them, but that would be my translation of what VolDad posted.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Where did I reject evidence? I said provide it and asked if any examples of people regretting hormonal therapy are relevant to him. You are trying to give me lectures on Spanish, yet you have not even mastered English apparently. Hilarious. You are amusing though

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m 100% okay with my position, especially as it pertains to mental health benefits. There are potential physical risks, but that’s certainly not unheard of with any kind of drug and hormone based therapy for, well, anything. Hell birth control raises risks of clotting, after all.

Studies suggest that the benefits are greater when started earlier. However, I can at least say that, anecdotally, I know people who started the therapy in adulthood and at least from my vantage point the results were night and day. They were made well aware of any risks up front as I imagine the vast majority of patients are.

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-n...lth-hormone-treatment-transgender-people.html

https://consultqd.clevelandclinic.o...erapy-improves-body-dissatisfaction-in-youth/

https://ijpeonline.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13633-020-00078-2

If you can find studies indicating a net negative impact on mental health, I am open to it. To this point, the negatives that I have seen are all physical and relatively low risk.

Considering that pretty much every mental health drug out there also carries with it some enhanced risk of mental or physical side effects, I’d say that what we know about it at this stage points to it being a viable option for those who wish to undergo the therapy.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s scientific evidence, of course it’s relevant. I didn’t come to my position by not paying attention. Hell, I don’t pretend to fully understand the mindset and lives of trans individuals, but I sure as hell try to understand as much as I can. I am lucky to have two people with whom I communicate daily who are more than happy to answer any of my questions without being the least bit judgmental about my reasons for asking or ignorance on any particular points.

So if you think I’m just some cookie-cutter bleeding heart following the crowd on this, you are mistaken.

SetVol13 likes this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ok. I’ll dive into those studies with an open mind and will provide anything I find relevant that suggests the opposite of these conclusions. I do have another question though: at first glance it looks likes these studies focus on teens under 18. Should parents have a right to prevent their child under 18 from starting these life altering medical treatments?

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Sure, and as far as I know they do everywhere or most everywhere. I would hope the parents would be open-minded and help make the call if both they and the child think it is right.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I would imagine kids also have the right (if not always the knowledge and ability) to petition the courts to intervene. If the courts are truly blind and open, they should be able to take such a petition as proof of sincerity.

13. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

You're so snarky for having the habit of repeatedly saying dumb things.

This is clearly you preemptively dismissing his evidence he would present because you perceived it to be arrived at by bias. That or you're the one still struggling to form English sentences.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

T’will rest easy knowing I have a personal clown pointing out a singular typo in one sentence addressed to another poster. Point stands, you amuse me greatly with how you always chime in on conversations I’m having with other people. Keep dancing for me, baby

15. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

And there goes the child acting like he's putting on some performance for a crowd again..

Someone responded to you? On a public forum? That you willingly submitted? Yep, you're just making all 10 people who read your posts dance like puppets, kiddo. You're a [dadgum] wizard.

But to be clear, I don't even know what your alleged typo is. You're likely just trying to save face from being called out for your repeated hypocrisy, but I have no idea what part you'd even claim to be a typo that significantly changes the insinuation.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I cannot imagine how hard life is for a trans person. Call yourself whatever you want.

With that said I am not a fan of trans women competing in competitive sports with cis women.

ole_orange and Indy like this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If ever there was a reason to nuke the politics forum, it’s these two arguing about how to properly say things in Spanish,

I too am not a fan of the trans sports thing. That one trans woman killing it in swimming is the most recent example. Read something about one of her teammates not liking it but being afraid she won’t get a job after college if she speaks up about it. Sad.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Whether they believe it definable or not, is the word Woman definable? I could say I don't believe the word Mammal is definable. That does not make it true?

Can you think of other words in the english language that are not definable?

19. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

If there were ever evidence that Indy hasn't ever actually read what he writes before hitting 'post reply'..

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea clowns like you triggered by my posts are really worth “saving face” to. Dance, baby dance.