Randy's Rants - Confederate Flags

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Jun 21, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can pick your avatar if Tennessee beats Oklahoma. Deal?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

OK.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have not tried changing my avi since Card went on his spree. Once an admin changes it, is it locked down?

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Depends on who it is.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

both of you guys can change it whenever you want.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think so, but it seems to happen automatically and we have to do something to allow you to change again? I don't know, I just do things. I'm a force of forum nature.

7. NorrisAlan

Pat throwing the horns has really grown on me. Thanks for the info, friends.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Unless it's Florida.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I do not know how to do any mod stuff to my knowledge. Wouldn't want to make someone think I take this deal seriously.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I know seeing confederate flags on people's property isn't uncommon in the rural south, but I'm driving through a rural area north of Athens, GA and its unbelievable how many there are here.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sherman didn't go far enough, IMO. Should have broken them for all time.

12. NorrisAlan

I am seeing more around Knoxville as well. Either I am just "looking" for then now (possible) or people are just reacting and showing their pride and saying "not taking my flag".

Little do they realize I don't want to take their flag.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People are reacting

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ole Miss removed the state flag from campus this morning.

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I guess they finally listened to Steve Earl.

[youtube]Dt_mzTGUomg[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Northeast Ohio

It's wild

17. Tron Swanson

Tron Swanson New Member

For reasons of rhyming, the Confederate flag and gay marriage issues have melted into one strictly Southern issue to me. Fly your flags, marry your _____, or something like that. It goes without saying that the sloganeering is meant to derisively highlight the cult of selective interpretation in regards to the general tone of the Constitution. They can't just have freedom their way. That's myopic and absurd.

It just seems natural that in an overwhelmingly conservative region that we really look at personal and civil liberty, regardless of personal opinion and protect the rights of all to do what they want as long as they're not hurting anyone else by marrying whomever they choose or flying a flag Conversely, while the gays are just trying to make love, many of the reds are trying to foment hate and what better way than to fly their troll flag. It can't be both ways. If we promote freedom of marriage, we must also promote freedom of expression, even if antithetical to most folks' core beliefs.

Propping up bigotry in the name of tolerance is about as backward as it gets but comingling the two issues if for no other reason than to expose the hypocrisy of prejudice, might have the desired effect. Those who demand freedom must also accept it. If the Constitution supports divisive symbols in the name of liberty and freedom, then surely it supports the union of 2 people in juxtaposition to almost everything some (not all) Southern Revisionists intend with the flying of their flag.

I'm kinda drunk and Go Broncos. I'm sure I'll get haraunged on the morrow.

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You don't say.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Post more often when sober.

20. Tron Swanson

Tron Swanson New Member

You not a fan of my saucy posts? My self loathing agrees with you.