Ranking Hart, Cheek In The Public Enemy List

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by robvols, Dec 10, 2012.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I want to, but I don't want to be Arkansas.

At the same time, it can't make us look any worse.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Completely misses the point.

3. ColoradoJake

ColoradoJake Member

1. Cheek
    2. Hart
    3. Hamilton
    4. Dooley
    5. Auriemma*

*Although he is insignificant to UT Football I can't stand him that much.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  4. robvols

robvols Member

We need to nominate members capable in exposing this atrocity.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The problem will be loyalty to Jon Gruden. As much as I'm sure he'd love to expose Dave Hart, he doesn't want this mess out in the open either. See Grider.

6. robvols

robvols Member

Except he'll do it with the cameras off.

7. Norsonian

Norsonian New Member

I could totally see this cluster**** of an administration doing something this stupid.

8. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I would honestly love to spend a weekend with a bottle of Macallan pouring over all of the correspondence surrounding the search. It would make an interesting read. I just don't want to be the name associated with a FOI request.

9. Norsonian

Norsonian New Member

It would be nice if our inept local media would do the digging. Rucker might actually be able to sell a couple of subscriptions to 247 if he could turn off the Premier League soccer for a minute and file a FOI request. It would have the possibility of being a great read.

10. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I agree. I would honestly do it, but I would assume it would cost a significant amount of money because of the sheer volume of copies. I also don't have the proper tools to root out exactly what would be helpful and what is garbage. Finally, again, I don't want my name attached to it. If I could do it anonymously then I would consider it.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't know what Tenacious D, NYY, BPV, OldVol, etc. know, but I would imagine getting these docs. is something they'd be interested in. I'll pitch in if one of them thinks it's worth pursuing and heads it up.

12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I'd gladly pitch in. I would love my own copy. It would be a how to of exactly what NOT to do in a coaching search.

13. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

No way you want your name attached to that stuff unless you are paid journalist. Even then it might not be worth it unless you had a sizeable backer - like a major newspaper or broadcaster that would provide support and help.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Only the really, really stupid portion.

15. robvols

robvols Member

Wow!!!! Now that really stupid portion is embracing a third rate hire. Already seen "give him a chance", "behind him 100%", "I'm VFL", "not going to listen to butthurt fans" and so forth

All those that have done their homework on this fake are practically being real about it.Stupid portion calling them either "negavol" or "fair-weathered fan".

16. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I've always thought it was interesting that so many people will blindly follow and claim to "support" a football coach even though past failure and inexperience dictate they won't be successful; however when it is a politician they are extremely quick to point out lack of experience and previous idiotic decision making. What is wrong with evaluating the evidence available and making a fact-based decision? Is using one's brain so hard that American's are more comfortable with someone telling them what to think rather than find out for themselves? Rhetorical question.

17. robvols

robvols Member

Sadly, yes. That is where the sheep label, or Kool-Aid drinkers come from. I've seen people get offended by that label.

That is why media is becoming more and more untrustworthy and not believable. They hide the real truth. Thank goodness there are other forms to find it.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

What does it mean to "support" a coach? Does it mean they're infallible? Does it mean they are the right man for the job and you wouldn't trade them for anyone? That's dumb.

That said, I can respect someone's position who says they aren't going to let a bammer and booger eating gator keep them from rooting for the team.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  19. robvols

robvols Member

The "through thick or thin approach" The "true fan" mentality.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There's nothing wrong with that, if you've got the stomach for it.