Rating Dormady

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Sep 5, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I imagine Butch told him (i.e. lied) he'd be getting quite a few snaps yesterday and then let him know day of (probably via Canales) that it wasn't happening.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Good chance of that. Still looks bad pouting on the sidelines.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Or he's just immature.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pouting and shirking responsibility when things don't work out isn't immature, it's imitation.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No, it's definitely immaturity.

6. CardinalVol

Entirely possible both Lyle and JG could be classified as immature, soft, not mentally strong, etc. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I bet he transfers before the end of the season.

8. CardinalVol

Had that thought last night myself.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dormady had many opportunities to lose the game and he didn't.

10. CardinalVol

I honestly thought we were approaching AJ Suggs territory last night. Do just enough to keep you in the game but lose it at the end.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I did, too. When you throw high over the middle, stare down receivers and consistently into a crowd, it eventually bites you.

Somehow, he/we escaped it. Credit for that.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

scared early, off his back foot and staring down receivers without his quick release. His throw into quad coverage on Jennings was his worst of the night and the X post behind Jennings was a td. But, he settled down and made some plays and I like him throwing the ball up to Calloway because he can go get it. He also had a couple carries for @ 6 yards each and needs to do that 4-5 times a game. We had no sacks, I can't recall many offensive penalties and no tfl's so even though GT got some pressure with a 3 man rush around the edge, OL got stronger and better as the game went.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He stopped doing it a little bit towards the end, too. It's like the shitty coaching left his body and he just played

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Calloway seems like a beast. Might need to find a new PR guy, because if Jennings misses significant time I don't think our offense can afford to lose him.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I didn't expect him to look like he did. Big, strong, fast and confident

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't think our offense involves reading anything.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So you're saying JG learned it when Butch left a press conference up to Dobbs after the Vandy loss?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Are they going to go to him since he's proven he's a big play threat? He'll be blocking for the screen to Josh Smith soon

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd say that's one example we've seen. Guys on the team probably see crap like that all the time.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

3/10 for the old timer sleeves. I don't get that. His first two years he never had them like that, why the change? Erik Ainge pulled that shit, too