RB Derrick Green

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by kptvol, Nov 22, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Highly rated 2013 kid out of Virginia. Vols are supposed to be a major player, but supposedly uncertainty about the coaching future was hurting us. Within a couple of weeks such uncertainty should be gone.

Derrick Green - Yahoo! Sports

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Have watched video on this guy going back to last year. The single most important recruit to UT's future IMO. Best multi-purpose back I have seen in a long time. He has been waiting for good reason. Add Turman in with him and you have a 1-2 punch second to none. Pound the rock will be back in full force.

3. easlo58

easlo58 New Member

He would be a huge get. We need a power back with speed.

4. robvols

robvols Member

Jay Graham will have this

5. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

He will be on the field a lot as a true freshman IMO. Like the UGA hosses.

One of his junior videos had him getting through a crease, breaking outside, not being able to get the sideline, so he just looks right at the DB in front of him, lowers his shoulder, knocks him on his ass and runs literally right over him. You want a guy that looks to break it first, but failing that he is going to make somebody pay for trying to tackle him.

6. easlo58

easlo58 New Member

Man among boys

Green looks like he's already a college player. Reminds me of a Chuck Webb or Jamal Lewis in style of body.
    Jay Graham is all over this one.

7. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Really because we need a back like that we have been missing the power run.......... That's one of our bread and butters!

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

[video=youtube_share;TUC-Mu6Lswg]http://youtu.be/TUC-Mu6Lswg[/video]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/TUC-Mu6Lswg[/youtube]

9. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

very nice this kid would be great for us!

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Number one priority.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I hear you, but our defense absolutely blows gorillas.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Correction, number one offensive priority.

Our current D class needs serious work.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The coaching has been so poor that it's hard to tell if there is nobody that can play defense or if the talent that is there just has no idea what to do.

Defensive backfield is a cluster either way.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The defense was #27 in the country last year. There were good players this year

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Evidently that was all Izaea Lanier.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Are Moore/Randolph/McNeil talented safeties who are poorly coached, or do we not have talent at safety? I know we're just pretty well boned at corner, but it seems like at safety there are guys who should be good if well-coached.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The safeties clearly have no clue where they are supposed to be half the time. Randolph, Moore, and McNeil all look physically capable. We'll see what a real DC can do with them.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Especially with a DB coach like Raheem Morris.

19. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

With all due respect to AJ, there is no leader on the D smart enough to get these guys in the right
    place between plays. There is also an obvious ignorance among whole defense and any inkling of a freaking
    presnap read

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's just not that hard to get to the right place and help others.