Real Estate Team Name

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DownNDirty, Jun 24, 2016.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Back Door Group - Bite the pillow

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Back Porch Group - Making memories that last a lifetime

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Love it. Unfortunately that won't work around here lol

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

4th one.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Second to last one is the best

6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Removing the pictures of non-winner.....

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I still cannot believe you were getting blowback on alpha-omega.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Joking or serious? I mean maybe I was naive in picking the original name. I had a lot of support from friends and even market leaders in the real estate field on the name but was cautioned by several that in this area I could be setting myself up for a headache with that name. I probably personally spoke/texted with at least 80-100 friends and family and of those about 1/4 all said, in their own words, about how that name could cause me problems. With some of the feedback here also and a couple of the other places I've floated that idea out there saying some of the same things it really changed my mind. If I'm possibly losing 1/4 of my potential client base because of the name it's not worth it.

As I said, once we launch a commercial group to go along with the residential group it's going to be Alpha Omega. Apparently that will be better received in the commercial field. The image we are going to try to give off for the residential side may not have fit as good with the Alpha Omega logo/tagline anyway. We do have a lot of family values and many back porch memories so to speak that we can share with others. With us having 3 children and both coming from large families maybe that was a better image to convey anyway.

I do see where the sit a spell slogan could have been a turn off. We don't want to give the impression that we are lazy. More of an impression that you don't have to be intimidated to talk to us. We're not too good for you. You are as important to me if you are poor and trying to buy a house as some wealthy person trying to buy a house. We want to treat all of our clients like friends and family. That's the image that we are going to try to convey so we figured that of our fallback names back porch made the most sense. It's country but not overplayed and hopefully we can convey that image to people using back porch. Hell, I've had many back porch parties with friends too so it's not just limited to thinking of family. The back porch is where good times are had with good friends also.

In all seriousness, I do appreciate the feedback received on here. It's a good way to gauge what people think that will speak the truth. I know you guys won't hold anything back which is appreciated.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am seriously surprised you got that much push back. It would never occur to me that a single phrase that was used in the bible could be taken so seriously.

Glad you did a lot of research before you went forward.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What about Homeward Bound Realty?

11. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

DnD what was the negative feedback? Did people think you were disrespecting God or something.

The end of your search begins here is a lot more appealing to me than the memory tag line. That one makes me think of a photographer.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Back Porch Group... "We're all friends here!"....

13. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Yes, I had way more than I expected saying that it was disrespectful towards God. Which is absolutely not what we were going for. I agree that I like the other tagline better.

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I do like that.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Man, you were way off.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Haha. I saw that and assumed he meant eat it up in a bad way.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I knew they'd react. I didn't think it would overwhelmingly negatively. Which is par for the course with me, so I shouldn't be surprised at my underestimation.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, you are normally overly optimistic with Christians.

19. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Removing all the extra pictures

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Be careful that you do not get into "Analysis Paralysis".