Recruiting Class of 2014 updates

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jun 14, 2014.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Supposedly Hendrix has gained 20lbs and grew an inch and is up to 6'4 and 273 lbs and read somewhere where Barnett has lost about 15 lbs and is down in the 265 range.

Also saw a nice clip on Vic Wharton on UTSportsTV on YouTube. I will try to post link.

2. BigOrangeBeech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9IVkF2iO78

Vic Wharton Clip

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

These are both guys that are already on campus, yes?

4. BigOrangeBeech

Yes. IIRC, everyone is on campus with the exception of Weathered. And its not for certain he will make it in because of grades.

5. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Update from yesterday on Weatherd says he will be here June 28th. We'll see what happens because this is now the 3rd date he has set for showing up at UT.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The clearinghouse will probably keep him from enrolling. It seems to keep one signee out of Knoxville every year

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

One Juco for sure.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Any updates on Cortez McDowell or Joe Henderson? I can't remember who was EE or not such a large class.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Henderson was planning on being in by June. McDowell idk about but I'm nearly positive you can see him several times in the latest pic update of the team running in Neyland.

10. BigOrangeBeech

I thought everyone was on campus except for Whetherd. Maybe I missed something.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I believe they are.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I thought Henderson was an EE?

14. BigOrangeBeech

Ended up not working out at the last minute and I think Creamer took his spot as EE

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yes. Henderson was briefly held up by some academic requirement not coming through so they went ahead and replaced him with Creamer in the last minute.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Who out of the invoking guys do we expect to redshirt?

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Normally you would expect all tweeners and guys who might not be physically ready position-wise for SEC play to redshirt but we are so depleted that that will not be the case with this class. I'm not telling you anything you don't know but it still needs to be stated. My personal belief is that the typical decision of redshirting will be tremendously skewed because of necessity. For example, Creamer is a guy that was a LB in the spring but very easily could become a TE once fall practice starts. He would be a likely redshirt if he were to stay at LB but would not if he is switched to TE. Why would they make this move? because he is an athletic body that very easily could put on the weight needed to withstand the rigors of playing in the trenches in the SEC. IF Barnett projects as a DE, i would fully expect to see him RS this season but not so much were he to land at DT. Robertson, Henderson, McDowell, Paulk, Elliot Berry, and Charles Mosely are guys I think you can pencil in as RS. I also expect to see one of either Payne or Moseley be RS'd for the time being.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Payne and Moseley both play a lot at CB.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Moseley ran with the 1's almost all spring.