Recruiting.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Jun 2, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Martin is about to begin the biggest summer of his coaching career. He's to seriously restock the roster after this season. UT made the most recent cuts for Kevon Looney and JaQuel Richmond. That helps. There are a number of other high level talents UT will know their chances with by the end of the July. Time for Cuonzo and staff to score big or fall by the wayside.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What do you predict is the haul, Hat?

Do you think he gets it done?

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Wouldn't bet on it

4. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Any legacies? Can Butch cross over?

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Made the cuts for? As in it's a done deal?

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

7. hatvol96

Final 8 for Looney, final 4 for Richmond. I think it'll come down to UT, Duke, Michigan, and Michigan State for Looney. If Tennessee makes Richmond a top priority, they'll get him.

8. hatvol96

Cornish is a good start.

Hard to say right now. UT is in the discussion for the kind of players they need to be signing. The summer usually tells the story.

9. hatvol96

Phil Cofer.

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I've heard several discussions about Cofer. Do you think he is the caliber player that Tennessee should be taking?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are we still in the discussion for Jaquan Lyle?

12. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

After looking at Cofer's offer list, he seems like a pretty good take. Top 150 player on rivals.

13. PoochPunt3rdDown

He's a take, but we need a baller class to solidify our standing. Two one and done NIT berths will do us no favors. kidbourbon will disagree , but a Sweet Sixteen, and, I think more importantly, a final four showing in the SEC Tourney, is more vital this year than any other year I can recall.

14. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

Why would a final four showing in the SEC Tourney be more important than a Sweet Sixteen appearance?

15. PoochPunt3rdDown

Because a final four in the SEC tourney was the difference between us making the 68 and us not the last two years. It's paramount to our progress to advance in our weak ass conference tourney. Don't know why this is not obvious, given our desire to qualify for the real tournament.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why would any of that matter when there is an early signing period?

17. hatvol96

Yes.

18. hatvol96

Not much. The heavy lifting has to be done this summer.

19. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Yep. Hopefully Memphis hires an assistant soon. Apparently it's going to be Miles Simon. I think we are done with this years class but next year is a huge year.

20. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

Winning a game or two in the SECT is not more important than making the second weekend of the real tourney. You're saying you'd take more seasons like 08-09 than 05-06 or 06-07?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013