Reliving the Coaching Search

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 25, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Giusto

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I guess what I'm saying is it was basically a cleaner Birmingham with an NBA team.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The reviews I've gotten of Paris is that it's basically one big urinal. I'm still going though.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was keeping my list as major cities, but if we're going next tier Birmingham and Montgomery may be top 2.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Montgomery makes Birmingham look like the Riviera.

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They've both turned into awful places over the last 25 years.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

As my dad would say, "I ain't ever lost anything in either of them."

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Montgomery is a shithole

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I wish we could hear all of this from his perspective. What did he know about Gruden...why did Doeren not happen...when did he realize Schiano’s nomination was in trouble....what was the thinking grabbing a KState booster’s plane and heading to the West Coast...what did they say when they fired him, what’s he think about how things are going now, etc.

10. Tenacious D

I bet John Currie doesn’t like us, around here.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

a source of great personal comfort, for me

VolDad likes this.
  12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Tenny speaking as if Currie sees this lol

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Sadly, my letters return marked "no known address" and my calls go straight to voicemail, so we may never find out.

14. Tenacious D

And recall, Currie purposefully [uck fay]ed with the fans...just to [uck fay] with us.

Remember him taking randomly odd commercial flights to nowhere, just to be seen by Tennessee fans, and start rumors swirling? And then actually admitting that’s why he was doing it in texts released later, basically laughing at us? He’d get where he was going via commercial flight, and would then have the TN plane pick him up there to either go interview or just come back home.

[uck fay] the totality of that dude.

OneForVol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  15. Tenacious D

Don’t bring sex into this.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Remember the fake smirk when asked about Gruden. He wanted to use a home run hire as a cover for Schiano of all people. And then he’s up at the Ivy League teaching future business leaders about the proper way to run an organization. I never thought my anger at Hart could be superseded but by jingo it was.

Tenacious D likes this.
  17. Tenacious D

Was in Montgomery on business a few years ago, and used the couple of hours before flying out to stop by Dr. King’s church.

The church is a bit dated, but still fully functioning, and they’ve kept his office, the original pulpit, and anything directly related to him just as it was when he was the pastor.

An 80+ year old lady was volunteering as the only person in the church, and gave me a tour, told me stories, etc. After about an hour, I was in the sanctuary preparing to leave, and reached to shake her hand before saying my thanks and goodbye. She grabbed both of my hands and told me that she ended every tour by honoring Dr. King’s legacy by joining hands, saying a prayer to strengthen our love and acceptance of one another, and “closing” with a hymn.

And that’s how she and I ended up standing in an empty Montgomery church, on a random Tuesday afternoon, praying for all of y’all’s stupid asses and singing three verses of “We Shall Overcome”.

True Story.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I got on twitter today to make a rare tweet. I looked at my stats and was surprised that I have made over 500 tweets. I'd estimate that 450+ were made two Novembers ago.

A-Smith, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

utvol0427 likes this.