Rest of the season - part 2

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TangoUniform, Sep 27, 2015.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Pig
    UGA
    Bama
    Kentucky
    Sakerlina
    N. Texas
    Mizzou
    Vandy

We ABSOLUTELY could go on a 6 game losing streak and end up 5-7... possibly 4-8.

N Texas and vandy are the only two probable gimmies I can see as of today. Everything else is up in the air.

Best coaching staff in 'murica... led by Fearless Grand Trumpeter.

**** you, Lyle jones.

2. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Next week will spell disaster for either Arky or TN. The loser more than likely doesn't go bowling. I like Clay Travis' idea. The loser of this game gets fired with no buyout. Would be odd seeing both fan bases cheering for the other school in that scenario.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Arky fans would be sorely disappointed in that scenario.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

South Carolina is really really bad though.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We'd allow Cooper to catch and run for 200 yards and three scores in 4th quarter.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

But Spurrier knows the losses to UT are on him. He is at the point in his career where he gets up for one game. He didn't for UGA.

We may be his huckleberry this year.

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That is literally the only way they win. He and Skai Moore are the only playmakers on that team.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If he really hates UT, he'll tank the game and make Butch look like a champion.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You know if Butch loses to Arky he'll officially have dipped below Dooley on the W-L board.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Ws and Ls. Game is more intricate than that. Coach sees progress...he's been saying so since 2013, so it must be there.

11. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

You SHOULD beat us like a drum, but Spurrier does do that thing where he inexplicably puts us in a position to win a game we shouldn't once or twice a year.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will be interested to see the crowd next week.

13. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

I see 7 wins. 6-6 is very likely though. Don't really see us at 5-7. Unfortunately I think 5-7 is the point where we might actually see a change this year.

14. Who do you see us beating to get to 7?

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Ark W
    UGA L
    Bama L
    Kentucky W
    Sakerlina W
    N. Texas W
    Mizzou W

What should happen IMO.

Could easily see us dropping the ball and losing one or two games we aren't supposed to near the end, tho.

Edit: And yes I realize this is more optimistic than most are willing to be.

16. NorrisAlan

No way we beat Arkansas. No way.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Beat North Texas and Vanderbilt.

Lose to Arkansas, UGA, and Bama.

We'll pick up another win out of Missouri, Kentucky, and South Carolina.

5-7

Butch fired.

Another below average coach hired.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

At home? Team that lost to Toledo? I think Hurd might be able to beat them by himself.

19. NorrisAlan

I believe this team is on the edge of a cliff and one more week of practice with Butch having a mental breakdown will sap all fight out of this team.

Hurd I believe will punish Arkansas. But we punished Florida on the ground and still lost.

Arkansas will win and it will probably be the ugliest game of football since Fulmer beat Washington State 9-6 or whatever the score was.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

6-6 sounds about right. He can't spin that as progress.