(Ret) Gen. Petraeus has resigned...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Nov 9, 2012.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

hmmmm. Anything rotten in Denmark?

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Snatch

4. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

The timing of this is just bizarre.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I just made mention of the awkward timing in a FB post. Just weird.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm fairly confused as to why he didn't just resign. unless he banged some 17 year old or something.

7. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Military justice considers extramarital affairs, ripe ground for blackmailing, to be security threats and possible grounds for court martial, The Associated Press reported.

Meanwhile, law enforcement officials told NBC News that the FBI is currently investigating Petraeus' biographer for improperly trying to access his email. The officials emphasized that Petraeus was not under investigation and added that they did not believe the investigation into author Paula Broadwell would result in criminal charges.

CIA Director Petraeus Resigns, Cites Extramarital Affair | NBC New York

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Falling on a Libiyan sword?

10. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Interesting......

11. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Yep, along with the old forgot-to-mention Iran drone attack. Tip of the iceberg that has been stalled by the current administration and their buddies in the media. Meanwhile the rats jump ship with Geithner, Clinton, and Carney leaving soon and saying, "Seeya - wouldn't want to be ya!" A little ethnic clensing in DC is good.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah - this isn't one you scratch your head over.

This does seem a bit odd. Obviously extramarital affairs are a very serious security concern. I almost wonder if someone was trying to blackmail him and that is why the FBI got involved....

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can't believe he's stupid enough to sex the chick through email. He has to know his email is being monitored.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some Republican congressmen are saying this "doesn't add up." Is this going to be a thing? To me, it seems highly plausible. He's human. Sometimes we mess up. Especially if we have ugly spouses.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sorry, but his wife should be high-fiving him.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

One of my friends was saying that he can't be subpoenaed to testify about the Benghazi incident now that he has resigned.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because if something criminally neglectful happened, only he would know?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

This Benghazi conspiracy shit is just a wet dream for diehards and conspiracy loons.