Retiring from political threads for awhile

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jul 15, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone bet me I couldn't. So I am. I will not be posting on political matters, even if summoned (though I may remind someone that I am not posting political matters). I reserve the right to post in threads on current events in a non-political manner, and of course matters of science in a non-political manner. Facts and feelings, no political statements. You may police me.

This retirement is indefinite, but will be at least a month as per the conditions of the bet.

At this time I will take any questions you may have regarding this, but will not respond to anything political.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

IP takes his ball and goes home (and then comes back again) ?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is about a bet. Money. You know I like to argue. This is going to hurt.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Definitely has a lg feel to it

6. fl0at_

How much money? Can we match it?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

How did I not see that angle coming?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

50 bucks. You should just enjoy the decline in rabble-rousing.

9. fl0at_

Right. But if I can further corrupt your honor by welshing on a bet in order to make equivalent money, I feel I've done me proud.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Whoever is making the bet pm me and for $25 I'll post every crackpot anti global warming article on the Internet.

11. fl0at_

Why pay for something Ben is going to do for free, anyway?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Good point

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Well shit. Now I don't keep getting to be the crazy tin foil anarchy guy

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I negotiated for science, which climate change falls under. So long as I don't get political.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who was it? KB?

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Just not posting is bullsh!t. You shouldn't even be able to browse the political topics. Who negotiated this bet?

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I wish you wouldn't. Your view, while usually different than most, is at least worth hearing. You're not like LG.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This bet makes about as much sense as abortion, climate change, a progressive tax structure, or the idea that racism exists in today's society.

19. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

IP will have cold sweats after he sees what Ben will be posting in the Global Warming thread during this hiatus.

20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

So you are a true pure capitalist right winger if all you care about is money. Well done.