Return of Neyland

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 8, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/09/07/the-return-of-neyland/

The largest hostile crowd Oklahoma has played in front of is 88,119 against Ohio State in 1977.

Bob Stoops has been here before, though, under Spurrier.

My favorite quotes from an opposing team in regards to Neyland:

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's certainly capable on a good day.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I remember watching a UT Auburn game (1988?) on TV that the crowd was so loud the TV cameras couldn't focus because Neyland was literally vibrating.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

89, 21-14 victory.

And yeah, my fanhood has been insulted. Time to get loud.

5. Savage Orange

I would take a win exactly like that this Saturday with Hurd and Kamara doing their best Cobb Webb impersonation....

6. Savage Orange

And Khalil as Marion Hobby!

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I expect Saturday to be like '06 Cal on steroids at the start of the game. Hopefully the play on the field gives the fans reason to keep it up all game.

8. CardinalVol

I'd love to see a return on the late 90s Neyland, when you couldn't hear yourself think the entire game.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

'92 Florida game in the rain was the loudest I have ever heard that place.

10. CardinalVol

The loudest single moment I've ever heard it was Notre Dame 99.

Longest for an entire game was Florida 98.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That's why I decided to make the trip. Cal '06 was amazing with regard to the buzz of the atmosphere and the noise of the crowd. I'm hoping to capture lightening in a bottle twice.

12. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Cal 06 was loud as hell.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

'99 Notre Dame is always one of the first games that I think about when I think of Neyland being loud, unfortunately I wasn't there in '98 for the UF game. Obviously the '06 Cal game was up there as being a great atmosphere. The '12 UF game was unreal at the start, but got quiet real quick. I still think the loudest single moment that I've heard is when Wilhoit hit the game winner against Florida. In half a second, it went from being able to hear a pin drop to deafening.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was at 99 ND and at the Florida game with Wilhoit's winner. The Florida one was way louder.

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The Wilhout field goal is the only memory I have in Neyland that I think would qualify as one of its most raucous moments.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The thing that stands out to me about Notre Dame was it seemingly being non-stop from kickoff to the final whistle.

I always hate talking about the Wilhoit winner because then I remember that is the last time that we beat Florida and I realize how long ago that has been. #buzzkill

17. JohnnyQuickkick

the booing that followed a bogus ND touchdown, which was the first rushing TD allowed all year, had to have been the loudest recorded boo in human history

18. JohnnyQuickkick

remember the good times unashamedly, man

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember thinking we had turned it around for good with Florida after Spurrier was gone and we had beaten them 3 of the last 4 times... WTF happened?

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Urban
    Kiffin
    Dooley
    Butch