Richard Sherman to NFL: "No N-word? That's Racist!"

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Mar 4, 2014.

1. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

he better be careful, he'll be labelled an uncle tom if he keeps that up. he just needs to tow the line and keep it out of whitey's mouth.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It will be interesting the first time a white ref tries to throw a flag on a black player for dropping the N-bomb.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I can't even describe how much I don't give a **** about what one black guy calls another black guy.

I do, however, get KB's point of it being annoying as **** to have to listen to this shit daily on every sports show in the world.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sherman smells his own farts.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Who doesn't

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Black player: "What'd I say?"
    Ref: "Ummm...well...it started with an N."
    Black Player: "Nah, tell me what the funk I said! How you gonna give me a penalty when you don't even know what I said?"
    ::uncomfortable pause::
    Ref: "You called him N****"
    Black Player: "Ah Haiyyellll nah. That ain't your word to use, white man. Y'all done lost them privileges years ago, ya pasty ass cracker."

7. kidbourbon

How many black dudes are on your football team? How many of them are okay with the "....a" as a substitute for "....er"? And if you don't know, you should try an experiment, and report back.

8. kidbourbon

I think on this particular subject he's actually being principled. They had an outside the lines show on this very subject -- again, just shoot me in the face -- with Whitlock, a defensive player from the Steelers, Wilbon, and Common (the rapper). Wilbon and Common were in the "black people can use this word because it's part of our culture" camp. Whitlock and the Steeler were in the "it's a part of our culture because you wont' stop using it...but the word still means now what it meant in 1863 so how about you stop using it, homeboy" camp.

Whitlock and the Steeler came across as much more principled. It was really the first time I saw Wilbon come across as a bumbling exasperated idiot, but that's what he sounded like.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Utter waste of time.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Leave me outta this.

11. kidbourbon

I think more Richards should go by [penis]. JMO.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Sometimes I like to use the term "Richard" when I'm calling someone the other, ie "Quit being such a Richard, [penis] Huffman!"

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I went to high school with a guy named Richard Licke ... he was a tough mofo.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

That's just cruel and unusual punishment

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

This seems really effeminate and passive aggressive.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

You smell your own farts

17. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

[​IMG]

18. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

thank God you're hear...

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

*here

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm with Sherman. This isn't about the league fighting racism. This is about the league trying to improve its image after the Incognito/Martin fiasco.