Richard Sherman to NFL: "No N-word? That's Racist!"

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Mar 4, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hard to take the "image of the league" thing seriously when they have a team called "The Redskins."

2. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

another great example of how you teach us all. lol

3. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

redskins outrage = old and busted.

banning words = new hotness.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, this relates to my post how? You piss and moan about my posts more than anything else.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

you corrected my typo, and i aknowledged that you helped me see the error of my way. and now your're pissing and moaning about me giving you credit? what do you want from me?!

6. Unimane

Yes, you're right, I don't understand sarcasm. (You see what I did there?)

7. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

yeah, you told the truth. lol

if you did understand sarcasm you wouldn't take it as personally as you do.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  8. Unimane

Thank goodness you have a buzzer go off whenever I make a post about race to let me know how I shouldn't express an opinion on the matter.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do you know he is taking it personally?

10. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i don't "know" but i find it easy to assume from his responses, that he thinks i don't like him or any of his opinions. when in-fact i often enjoy his posts with differing opinions and even agree with some. but he gets defensive easily and thats fun to watch too, even when i agree with him.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Are you white or a fan of Full Metal Jacket?

If you are white, the odds are with you.

12. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i only like the first half of full metal jacket. does that help or hurt me?

and i'm white, but scot/irish/american indian, so just barely.

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I would say help, the trump card is if you are actually white or not.

14. Unimane

Alright, I just found it odd that every time I posted on this subject, you came with a response of "Thank goodness you were here to set us straight." And, by the way, I'm not nearly as fun or as good as hat is when he's in a tiff with someone.

15. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

well if you dropped me in amongst some 12th generation w.a.s.p.'s i'm certain i'd be classified as sub-human. but on the other end of the spectrum, if i was in the nfl or a fast food joint in knoxville and said "n***a's" even in the sense of a shared bond or brotherhood, i'd be classified as bull connor.

so i'll just say i'm middle of the road.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"We'll take the ******s and the chinks, but we don't. want. the Irish!"

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like everyone is moderate. Snoballs are white. Deal with it. "A little bit of Cherokee" is the go-to line of the mid South. It is probably even true, but you're still white. Funny how Obama is criticized for not "really being black" by so many, but a drop of anything North American is worth mentioning for most folks.

My sister has played the "Indian princess" card. While factual, it is also irrelevant. If you do the math, anything more than 2 or 3 generations back is practically a wash.

EDIT: worth mentioning that in East Tennessee, many folks think they have a little Cherokee but it is really Melungeon.

18. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

now, how much of my post do you think was sarcastic...?

19. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i'm 1/32, at best, but it's documented. same with some african ancestory. even with all that in the mix, and small portions at that, if you have red hair and a red beard you're as lily as they come.

even with that being said, i don't feel like being classified as white is something i have to "deal with." i don't feel ashamed, bad or guilty about it.

as for obama, he's as white as he is black(imo) and that's ultimately irrelevent, unless you've chosen a position that requires either/or to be relevent.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Except when they are yellow and those are the worst snoballs