Rick Barnes is Who I Thought He Was

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I was actually going to say something, but didn't want to jinx our success. Thanks, dude.

I still want to see what he does in the tournament, but he's done an excellent job, thus far, this season.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know we are going to lose thursday, after this got bumped and uni chimed in. Damn it.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Can’t question his development of these guys.

My impression of his coaching style is that he works really hard in the gym to teach them how to play without holding their hands during a game. And I think it serves them well mostly, but can come back to bite because I just think college players need their hands held some.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t know. I loved that he didn’t call a TO and instead the guys ran the offense and got a 3 that turned into the game winner.

Shows me that at that moment he had confidence in his guys to do what needed to be down without having to draw up a play.

Tenacious D and lylsmorr like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. He trusts his guys, and it’s working more than not

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty sure RMK coached the same way.

8. CardinalVol

Yup, been wanting to bump this and haven't because of the jinx factor.

9. CardinalVol

This team can still go one and done and I'd not be surprised, but they've also got enough shooters and play good enough defense that they could get hot and play for a while.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You had to tempt fate, huh?

MaconVol, Volnbama, IP and 1 other person like this.