POLITICS Roll v Wade II

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 16, 2019.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess she wanted to keep her baby. I wonder what the cost is for surgery on an unborn baby, in the mom's uterus is compared to the cost of an abortion, strictly from an insurance company way of looking at it.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don’t really have any strong opinions on this but they just opened a planned parenthood 50 yards from my house and ooh buddy are people fired up about it.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I moved back to Tennessee and hadn't went to the east side until it was time for the fair. The only new building that I recognized was a Planned Parenthood, everything else looked exactly the same. Same old ruined stores from when I was kid living over there. It was one of the saddest things I had ever seen.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

mercy killings, really.

justingroves likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. The fun fact about both numbers can be disputed- perfect.

2. Anonymous donor for inflammatory billboard? cowardly.

3. #1 only because in Auburn, they eat their young.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Probably lost a couple of 5 star recruits too

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I've got an issue I can't square. It really only impacts those that disagree with abortion for religious reasons, so it's a small pool, obviously--war on religion and all that.

But basically, as I've seen it, there are two pools:

1. Those who believe in original sin
    2. Those who do not believe in original sin

So it boils down to this, when I ask Group 1: Original Sin folk, the following: When does the soul form? It seems that also occurs at conception. So I ask that when a fetus is aborted, it goes to hell?

So millions and millions and millions of completely innocent souls are spending eternity in hell. And the being that has sole responsibility for the souls is to be worshiped, as the ultimate in good? And the individual that caused like a few of these... is a monster?

But the second group (no original sin) is even more difficult for me to understand. So the aborted fetus goes to heaven, and has everlasting happiness, being near the creator, and all those songs that comes with that? And that is... bad?

It seems that supporting abortion there would result in more souls to heaven than missionary trips to random Asian countries.

Anyone got any insight here?

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I grew up southern Baptist. When I asked similar questions about a fetus or "special needs" people who may not be able to make their own decisions about faith, I was told by those in the church the God saves the innocent who can't rightly make their own choices.
    I was also told by a Mormon recently that I will be in ghetto heaven while he is up on the hill. Fine with me. Plus I can just go take his stuff and I'm already forgiven for it

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Make sure you get biblical references on the answers.

12. fl0at_

I don't need biblical answers, simple logical ones will do.

There is only two ways to go, up or down.

If up, why the problem? If down, why the worship?

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They are going up at the future resurrection in my view. I base that almost exclusively l on God’s goodness (as revealed in Jesus but also prior)

There are actually many positions. Mine is not standard in any denominations, but I think makes sense of the preponderance of biblical teaching and is not contrary to any of the creeds. That is that only those saints who walk closely with God and persevere in the Christian faith are granted instant immortality (of course Jesus can make an exception to that any time he wishes...there is too much systematizing in Christian theology instead of just saying that we trust that the God revealed in Christ can do whatever he wants but will do the right thing.)

Most of the dead are unconscious, laying in the ground waiting for judgement day. I lost one at 3 days and I think that’s where he is. That’s sad because life is good. It is a gift from God. 99% of people don’t want to die. We don’t have the right to snuff a life out. God will sort out everything in the end. He will resurrect those babies who were aborted and judge those who kill their offspring w/o repenting.

14. fl0at_

So the innocent go to heaven and those that lived are judged.

So no problem, other than the taking life part.

And is that just all lives, being a gift and all, or just innocent, non bad guy, non enemies of the state and such lives?

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Have you ever seen the show Silicon Valley? I always picture you as Gilfoyle when reading your post.

16. fl0at_

Yea, I've seen Silicon Valley. I don't know that I'm Gilfoyle exactly, but the HR lady dressing him down amused me, just based on the type.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Gilfoyle makes that show. Imo

tvolsfan likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well he said God's goodness as revealed by Jesus but also prior. God commanded the death of a lot of people, which I guess is his call to make. But in terms of "goodness," it seems to make a completely arbitrary loop of logic. He's good, because of his acts, which must be good because they are his acts...