POLITICS Roll v Wade II

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 16, 2019.

1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Okay, so..

A fetus has a right to control its own body up to the point where it interferes with the rights of another body, in this case, the woman.

And you're back to where you've begun.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

there was substance, but you don't want an exchange. you just dictate. If you're just going to talk past me while repeating all your bad faith personal jabs, I think it is reasonable to assume you aren't interested my questions or answers. I mean, "feckless." to a stranger on an internet message board. Save the drama for yo mama, I am here for real conversations.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was going on this line of thought and was told it was misconstruing... something.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

they'll say but the fetus had no choice while the mother does... which gets us back to personhood... which somehow takes us to heartbeats and viability... and eventually we come back full circle.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I gave a refutation. Which is undoubtedly dastardly and all a pack of lies, since it was based on physiological changes upon leaving the womb and not some duck behind the nearest philosopher or theologian.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

No you aren't. You are here to cast pearls of militant left wing lunacy upon us swine. I have lots of input to make a determination of your character, or at least that of your online persona, and "feckless" fits. I don't think how I feel about you is any secret; there's a dedicated thread about it somewhere. And when you deserve something above "bad faith," I'll present it to you. You probably shouldn't hold your breath, though.

GahLee likes this.
  7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The computer thing? Uh...no, you didn't.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I just can’t see this as a left vs. right argument anymore. There are too many angles involved and I’m no good at math....

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I do not fully agree with the Alabama bill but I support it. It is hard for me to say this but I believe there are instances where an abortion should be acceptable. These instances are very rare and shouldn't define policy, however.

I believe it is very unlikely they will overturn Roe vs Wade but this hard line push will at least curb the sickos who are pushing late-term and even post-birth abortions.

10. GahLee

That is reported abortions to the CDC, from 1970 to 2015 in America alone. I would say the world would look really different.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Savage Orange likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

no one is pushing post birth abortion. that's a political invention.

late term abortion is done when the fetus is nonviable or the mother is in danger. advocating for mandatory stillborns and childbirth deaths is surely not intentional, but that's what banning it is doing.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

and I'm saying it wouldn't. many of those are nonviable. even of the ones that were, it would impact children born afterward. just saying there would be 46 million more people is not reasonable.

it also assumes women in desperate situations would not find another way, and possibly die or be one sterile.

there are countries without legal abortion. we have a very good idea on what such a policy looks like.

13. GahLee

14. GahLee

How many abortions do you think are based on the fetus being non-viable? Of course saying 46 million isn't reasonable, no one said that. What about 40 million? 30 million? You don't think adding 30-40 million people in America would move the needle?

vols4sure likes this.
  15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Even if the number from 1970 to 2015 were 4 million, those (statistically 2 +/- million females) would certainly be having children of their own and those children would by now be having kids... even with the die-off of folks on the other end of the equation, I have to think that there would be a very different look to the world if abortion did not exist. With a potential 20+ million extra souls on the earth, somethings gotta give.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

a little, but I don't think the net would be as great as that. the downstream effects are incalculable, but I think the oops abortions gone would cancel out children who came later. I.e. if you already have a kid you won't want that last kid you did in the abortion timeline.

the number of possible humans is astronomical. the number of kids that can be born practically or theoretically is smaller.

17. GahLee

• Chile
    • Dominican Republic
    • Malta
    • Holy See
    • Nicaragua
    • El Salvador
    You talking about these countries?

18. GahLee

I see no way the net out of 46 million reported abortions isn't astronomical. Stillborn deaths are very uncommon. Impossible to say what the number would be as the non-aborted children had children of their own and so forth.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

46 million is way smaller than what I meant by astronomical.

stillborn deaths are uncommon because unviable fetuses are almost always aborted. compare countries without abortion to those with.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife had a miscarriage at 16 weeks. No heartbeat for two weeks, fetus size was around 12 weeks all that good stuff.

One of the nurses asked, as they rolled her into prep "is this an abortion or a miscarry?"

So, that 46 million may be skewed.