Ronda Rousey

Discussion in 'Sports' started by g8terh8ter_eric, Jul 5, 2014.

1. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Baddest woman fighter I have ever seen. If you are watching UFC 175, she just destroyed Davis. She rather easy to look at as well.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

She plays a completely different game than the rest of the ladies in UFC. Only thing that will beat her is if she gets lazy.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Fedor would beat her ass.

4. NorrisAlan

Her last fight, in animated gif format:

[​IMG]

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

She hasn't fought any one near her talent level. It's tough to gauge exactly how good she actually is.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

She's decimated her entire weight class. She's as every bit as good as her resume says she is.

7. OrangeEmpire

You can twist it however you want, she hasn't fought any one near her talent level.

Her resume is beating sub par fighters.

8. OrangeEmpire

I'll add, I don't know if fighting Cyborg or Fallon Fox is the answer either.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You're right. She couldn't possibly be just that much better than everybody else.

Had you made this arguement at 3-0 or 5-0, I could see the point.

10. NorrisAlan

If she is heads better than everyone else in her division, I think that says mountains about how good she is. She is big, strong and just grabs a hold and makes them tap out. Fighters 10-20 years from now might be better than she is right now, because more women might take up the sport, broadening (hehe, pun) the field, and this would make the sport much richer and deeper in talent.

I personally think she is everything and more.

11. OrangeEmpire

Fair enough

:hi:

12. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i bet d. huffman could beat her up.

13. OrangeEmpire

FD and her hooker heels

That's a match up

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Serious question, could you knock her out? Now understand, I'm not saying could you take her in a fight. I'm saying if you hit her clean, what would the result be?

Me and friend debated this, he told me she would wipe the floor with me, which is probably true but goes back to my first statement. All I was trying to say is that if I hit her clean, the lights are going out and in a hurry.

So, could you knock her out?

15. GahLee

She'll beat the brakes off of her.

16. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

....she can be knocked out.

But seeing that she's pretty awesome at judo, odds are you wont get a chance to hit her unless it's a sucker punch.

17. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

yes. 135 lbs getting caught on the chin correctly by a guy weighing 220 lbs would be devastating.

that being said, i wouldn't want to miss that punch and then have her grab a hold of me and tear my shoulder out of socket. so i would pass at the opportunity.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A clean shot? Most likely, yes. It's getting the clean shot that's damn near impossible.

19. GahLee

All I'm saying. In a fight, she beating the **** out of all of us and chances are hitting her clean would be very difficult. All I was ever saying is that if I hit her clean, it would knock her ass blind. I don't think my friend was quite understanding the hypothetical. We've had this debate about Floyd Mayweather as well. He just told me I'd never land a punch. Which isn't the hypothetical scenario, at all. It's all about the chance you do and what happens afterwards.

20. OrangeEmpire

The overwhelming majority of people taking a clean hit, male or female, are going to suffer.