RUMOR: Butch Punched Mack Crowder in the face

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by SGMVols, Oct 4, 2015.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

In an offseason practice.

I wouldn't post this but LWS said on VQ he heard about it. I don't think he would take the risk associated with sharing it if he didn't think there was truth to it.

If true, is that a $12 million punch? Seems like we could fire him for cause if it turned out to be true.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

From VN:

Butch gave Mac Crowder a gut punch just before the season starterd. H was working with some young OL and got pissed and yelled for a veteran OL to come over. So Crowder came over and Buch slugged him in the gut then started yelling at the young guys that was being tough! Crowder wasn't so happy about it and pushed Butch down then the veteran OL got in his face and some coaches had to get everything under control. That is why Wiesman, Kendrick, Crowder, etc. stopped coming to practice for a little while. Apparently it has been a lot of work behind the scene to keep this quiet including much pleading with the Crowder family to not go public. That is what a friend of a local radio personality told me. Not saying it's fact, just passing it along. TIFWIW.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Freaking psycho. How screwed up is it when the man who controls your scholarship, playing future, even your housing meals, is punching you in the stomach?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm AD. I tell Butch, "You are resigning at the end of the season. You will accept a 1 million dollar buyout and shut the hell up, or we go public with the gut punch story, you get zero buyout and you will never coach again."

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

When did he coach before?

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Also apparently a rumor that Jones and Azzanni got into an altercation after the game last night.

I could definitely buy that.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Boom

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they're throwing punches, that should be enough to lose the buyout.

9. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Why even give him any money? He can leave on his own accord and should have to pay us if we keep it quiet. You hang something like that over his head and he will be coaching Purdue before you finish your sentence.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

1 million would still be a great deal. I just prefer to make him gone as quickly and easily as possible.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hard to believe it wouldn't have come to light before now

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yep.

13. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If this really happened, anyone who knew about it, but kept it quiet in order to "protect" a guy who has accomplished exactly jack shit as a football coach...well that person can go **** themselves.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Then you would be a competent AD and not a Dave Hart.

15. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

IF he was canned this week, who'd be the interim?

16. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Dave Hart in his old lady track suit.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

DeBo or Jancek? Let's just wait until the season is over

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[​IMG]

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Josh Dobbs

20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Johnny Majors - HC
    Philip Fulmer - OC
    Debord demoted to the aquatic center as Water Quality Control Administrator (pool cleaner).