Rumor mill a churnin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Nov 30, 2015.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

So, the same source that pointed to DeBord has iterated that Azzani is getting interest to replace Babers at BGSU. Also, he would take Mahoney as his OC.

Just what I've heard. Best case scenario for the Hill, assuming Lyle doesn't missy out with his replacement hire.

My ideal Xmas gift:
    DeBord to OL with Co-OC title and run game.

New guy for WR and new guy for QB. Most senior of 2 gets Co-OC and throw game.

If course, well hire some shitstain from Rutgers.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

After the DeBord hire, I am about as excited to watch Lyle hire someone as I am to watch my big toe get smashed by a vice.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As long as we hire people who know the lingo of the offense. We're on the cusp of breaking out offensively and can't afford to have miscommunications set us back.

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think DeBord is fine in the scope of OL and putting together a run game.

Azzani sucked putting together a passing game and he sucked as a WR coach.

DeBord isn't a good playcaller but our run game under him has been legit and our OL has improved from F to C.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the run game design blows gorillas.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This would fit what I've heard for a while in that they would not be back and would also allow us to part ways with them without a stink.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd rather watch Butch hire someone than your toe get mutilated. Butch is just here until people wake up. Your toe is for life, man.

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Not sure if this is Butchspeak but I think you do everything you can to bring in a guy like Cumbie from TCU or Sean Lewis from BGSU.

9. NorrisAlan

The fact that Hurd has had zero (0, nada, not one, nary, nil) 200 yard rushing games boggles my mind. I know they don't grow on trees, but good God, he should be eating up the 3 patsies we play every year, not to mention the crap November teams.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

if they watch us play, and Lewis definitely has, he'll have to quit to get them here.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, I know. Butch is going to scalp UGA and Rutgers staffs.

Cumbie is probably going to Texas.

That said, I'd love Pruitt at LB Coach.

12. NorrisAlan

I am not sure Pruitt is going anywhere.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Rumors are also beginning to swirl that several players may transfer.

14. NorrisAlan

A coach of 15+ years was fired. The current players are like the players under Fulmer and will rah-rah and rally and stomp their feet. I will give it until January to calm down and then see what the situation is.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think he gets the amount of carries many other backs that have 200 yard games do. I could be wrong. Seems like he gets about 20 to 25, and 200 yard backs are consistently getting 30 or more a game.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The only one I've heard about was Dormady and that was what a month ago?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They always do and it's usually non contributors. Butch has done an amazing job losing guys that would contribute the following season. Hendrix, Payne, Helm, Bransiel...

18. NorrisAlan

Oh, UT players? I wouldn't doubt it. I have no doubts Lyle lies his face off to recruits and when they get here, they go, "well, shit" and move on.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Seems like there were some WR rumors.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I did not see any names. Just seen where it was being discussed. On twitter fwiw