RUMOR on VQ: Joe Jackson to Transfer to Tennessee

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by gorockytop101, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Shouldn't the HOPE scholarship take care of that though? We restricted Bryce Brown from Kansas State

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not happening, according to Gary Parrish.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Merging thread from college BB to thread on the UT BB forum.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some things are just too good to be true.

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

The only school that Parrish mentioned as a possible destination if he was going to transfer was Auburn (Barbee connection, I assume).

6. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

This situation isnt over. Joe will be a Memphis Tiger for the rest of the season and then will make a decision on whether to finish his career here at Memphis or transfer. I dont think Pastner will restrict his options at all with this newest development.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

yeah really don't see him at Memphis next year.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I hope so.

I personally think both the (a) continued Pearl bashing, and (b) continued Pearl love, are equally lame. The man did good things for the program, and then he messed up big time and he deservedly got fired for it. Let us leave it at that and move on.

9. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I think right now its less than 50/50 that he finishes his career here. Most of it depends on his attitude and production throughout. Joe feels that he as an individual must exceed expectations of the fans in his hometown or he has failed. The problem becomes him trying to do too much individually and making turnovers and the overall team to perform at a lower level. If he can buy into the team moreso than his stats and what everyone else expects from him then he will be just fine and happy. The problem is that he is listening to too many people instead of the ones he should be listening to.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Not really sure why he hasn't been a good fit in Memphis, because I hate him.

11. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

He was having fun tonight. That's big for us.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

hilarious he didn't get a technical yet Washpun did. He did more than Barton on that play and Barton got the T.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Exactly. How the hell do the refs look at that on replay and miss him pushing Waspun in the face and Washpun simply getting mad about it like any human on the planet would have?

14. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

they could have put a flagrant on washpun also. Both teams got a tech. No punches were thrown. Relax. Maymon got lucky he wasn't tossed for leaving the bench too. Take those Orange glasses off.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Agree that it didn't matter since no one did anything suspension-worthy and the game wasn't nearly close enough for FTs to matter, but that was a textbook hard foul and nothing more.

Also, it was Tatum that "left the bench", but he was really coming from the scorers' table, and it looked like he told Richardson to sub out when he came on. Just bad timing.

Your PBP guy did seem pretty dead-set on one of our players being ejected, though, whether it took a phantom elbow and flop (Golden and Jackson) or a mistimed substitution while Barton was instigating to do it. Gotta admire the zeal.

16. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Which guy? We have a few. Ted Valentine was the referee in the game. He has enough experience to know the entire situation was much adieu about nothing. Just a hard foul, tense game, Jackson didn't like it, barton had hors back, washpun reacted to will, etc. Nothing deserved to affect the game at that point. The double tech was correctly done.

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Lol - a flagrant for a legitimate foul?

Washpun didn't do anything to warrant a technical foul - and still the refs give the T to the wrong Memphis player.. although both should have gotten one. Take off the blue glasses.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Complete and utter bullshit.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Thulin and Bonner were the TV announcers. Guessing that Thulin was PBP. He kept talking about the emphasis on use of elbows above the shoulders when Jackson flopped after Golden's forearm in the backcourt. The other guy at least seemed a little embarrassed by it.

Pretty much agree with the outcome of the call. I obviously could have seen Jackson getting a tech as well, but it wouldn't have made a difference in the game at all, so who really cares now? Glad that cooler heads prevailed.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The outcome of the call was bullshit. It wouldn't have made a difference in the game, but it was still the wrong call.