Rumors That Heads Are Gonna Roll Today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 30, 2011.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would like to co-sign this post, if you don't mind. If Hart pulls the trigger, he better dang sure know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the rifle is sighted in in order to hit the bulls-eye dead center.

My dream is that Hart has taken a deep breath, has exhaled a bit, has held some breath, and is now gently squeezing that trigger.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Chavis is not a big recruiter but he is coming off a NC run with LSU. He is mentioned in every game and emphasized for being awesome. Any kid who is worth a shit and plays D will be interested and visiting us. He would need a good OC who can recruit. I do agree it is not perfect. I would rather the total package like a Saban but tell me who that guy is?

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Chavis has enormous risks with little upside. What on earth makes us think he could be a head coach at this level?

4. JayVols

That's the multi-million dollar question. I know the Gruden talk is crazy, but I would sacrifice body parts (like I said before) to see that look of intensity stalking the sideline of Neyland every Saturday in the Fall.

I may not be able to tell you who the sure thing hire would be, but I can assure you with great confidence that it isn't the guy in place at this time.

5. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I am a Raiders fan. In Gruden's time as HC we were the best prepared team in the NFL. The man is an A plus plus game prep guy and manager. His negative would be recruiting. He has been out of the national picture as a coach and he hated young NFL players. He likes guys who are professional. He also says [uck fay] in between breaths and Knoxvillians would need to be ready for that...

6. JayVols

I think his stint on MNF has greatly improved his public perception. Besides, Saban is a foul-mouthed [penis], but he's a winner foul-mouthed [penis]. Kids want winners.

Listening to Gruden's passion and enthusiasm just calling a game fires me up to the point that I am literally ready to strap on the pads and knock some snot bubbles out of people again....and I'm a broken down cripple that's 40 years old that coached the high school game for 15 years until my illness. I can't imagine what he could do with some young guys in their prime that are easily influenced.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

During the Wyoming week, after Fulmer "resigned", Chavis said he had no interest in being a head coach.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the only negative against Dantonio

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Gruden's attitudes towards professional athletes being professionals wouldn't necessarily mean he would get pissed at 18 and 20 year olds. Context.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Charlie Strong might be interviewing at A&M. Either way, good chance Sumlin or Strong will be off the table next year.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I hope that Hart has at least contacted Gruden.

12. JayVols

I know hiring Gruden is a pipe dream, but if I'm gonna dream, I'm making it a big one.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's not doing his job if he isn't trying to get the best possible hire... JMO IMO TIFWIW GBO VFL BOOM!

14. JayVols

QuanahParker, Killer of Dreams........

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

[​IMG]

16. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Ruh roh. Wilcox rumored to be a hot name for the ASU HC position.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

What? Why? How?

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Good possibility he will get a shot at the job.

19. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

- Bryan Fischer

I guess "hot name" means 5th on the list.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Also one of the most realistic names on the list.