Runaway teen "accidentally" deported

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 5, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I assumed it happens all the time, since I was told Serbian and Romanian monolingual teens get deported too.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Question: How is dumping people in foreign countries without any documentation showing they are a citizen there not violating foreign laws?

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten deported to Canada when I was in my teens, if I tried hard enough. Maybe even England if I wanted to, but South Africa might be a little more complicated.

One incident of a girl lying and getting deported, as a minor no less, does not a bias make. But, as there seems to be multiple similar events, then yea, smoke and fire and all that jazz.

But, I equate this to innocent people who aren't believed to be innocent by the detectives that interview them. Sucks, but what else can you do? In her case, how do you handle it, when you have no way to refute anything she is saying? Ask her to speak Spanish? I'm sorry, sir, I came across the border with my parents when I was but 6 months old, I never learned Spanish. Etc.

Andres Robles could have been verified, though.

5. fl0at_

Bilateral Deportation Agreements.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll play.

One is considered innocent until proven guilty. If one can't reasonably PROVE she is an illegal immigrant, she is supposed to be found innocent.

Furthermore, how much success would a 15 year old have in claiming to be older than 21 with no way to prove it when procuring beer? Or 18? You're telling me convenience stores have more rigorous checks to make sure they are not interacting with minors than ICE?

This sort of thing should NEVER happen.

7. fl0at_

Not a defined law. Besides, like most deportations, there is a hearing before a judge. If she denied right to trial, she said she was guilty of something she wasn't guilty of, so your argument holds no water.

Convenience stores have liability if they sell to minors. They are also constantly checked by ABC to make sure they are carding. If they are not, they are fined.

ICE does not have such liability. Apples to Oranges comparison. So yea, convenience stores have more checks because they have more liability.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, to me that says that ICE is broken and has been set up to where personal bias plays too big of role. You can't just take confessions from people who you don't know their circumstances. This was a 15 year old girl who ran away from home. This is not okay.

9. fl0at_

I agree completely, ICE needs a major re-haul, and there needs to be accountability. But that is the argument against a large government on the whole and law enforcement in general. There is no personal accountability at the level of the individual agent, and the top level is nothing but a political game. BATF is a clear example of the above. You can't just put new paint on the old system and call it revamped. At some point you have to burn it to the ground and start over.

10. This girl is not only a little con artist, she is damn good.

Drop the politically correct BS. Let's place blame in the proper place. This girl and the wonderful parenting she received are where the blame lies.

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

@Savageorangejug I am now hoping Trump runs. Can you imagine the shows he could put on the air from the Oval office. It would be great drama.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A liar took advantage of a broken system.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

A 15 year old girl used ICE to run far, far from home.

But like you said, it is a broken system.