Russian news anchor not a fan of Obama

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Nov 21, 2011.

1. volinbham

volinbham Member

We must be talking about different things - I don't see finding the news clip humorous is analogous to celebrating Russia. Maybe that isn't what you were talking about?

2. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

Tatiana is kind of cute, wonder what other uses she finds for her middle finger.

3. This thread just got much more interesting.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

MG's so dirty.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The partisanship was brought up by me because some people wouldn't give Obama any credit for anything; even if he came up with a cure for cancer. Same could be said when Bush was in office. I feel that's just ignorant and damaging to our country at home and abroad.

I was mainly trying to point out to SOJ, respectfully mind you, that he was supporting his argument of why everyone should hate Obama (the Calderon incident) by embracing the actions of one of America's greatest foes. They sought and to some degree still do to destroy the US and all she stands for. In short, he is doing the exact same thing that he bases, at least to some degree, his argument that everyone should hate the POTUS. I was trying to make him see that, but he is blinded by his hatred apparently. Wouldn't surprise me for people who feel that way to embrace evil incarnate if it agreed with their position.

I find that absolutely asinine. I get pissed at anyone that puts party over country. Unfortunately, there seem to be more of this type of person in our nation today than those that put a priority on the nation. That mindset is as dangerous as any foe the US has ever faced. I just find that attitude positively repulsive regardless of which person belongs to.

6. JayVols

*Last sentence should read: regardless of which party that person belongs to.

7. No, I am not "embracing" the Russians. I am merely pointing out the level respect Obama carries on the international stage.

Another fine example is the Olympic fiasco. Obama hops Air Force One to Copenhagen with great fanfare and much expense. He smugly announce that he, THE ONE, is going after the Olympics for Chicago. They laughed his ass out of there. They vote Chicago down in the first round, and tell Obama to take a hike.

I remember reading an article a while back which discussed Obama's presence on the world stage. He is looked upon as somewhat of a joke. Laugh all you want about Bush. Those that did not respect Bush, at least feared him. Obama neither instills respect in our friends, nor fear in our enemies.

Pointing out that our enemies laugh at Obama, is not the same as being in league with them.

8. One thing I would like to add. Something even worse than letting a third world piss ant denigrate our nation.

I have three words for anyone who thinks Obama deserves even one iota of respect. World Apology Tour!

[​IMG]

9. JayVols

We have pictures. We have pictures.

It's official. The 8th has it's gs.

Seriously SOJ, it's America. Believe what you want.

10. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

one of the advantages of being a truck driver, if I descend into the gutter, no one is surprised. It's when I have something intelligent to say that people get concerned.

11. JayVols

Good one MG. Even though we probably disagree quite a bit on politics, you have my respect. No one can accuse you of being 'the dumb truck driver'. I understand your dilemma, I wore the dumb lineman badge back in the day even though I had the highest GPA on the team. I had to make audible calls for our ignorant QB, and was still called a dumb lineman.

The most intelligent man that I have ever met was my maternal grandfather. He had a 6th grade education. Conversely, I have encountered many well-educated people that were brilliant in theory, but they were dumber than a bag of hammers in practice.

12. OMG! I POSTED A PICTURE! :eek:

If I am the GS of this forum, you would be the _______????

No, just another point that apparently went right over your head. It was to illustrate that his foreign policy is laughable.

You can attack the messenger, but not the message. Feel free to list Obama's major successes on the international stage.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was that Obama bowing to a middle eastern dignitary? I thought we already covered that?

14. JayVols

Let's see, what does it make me? A person that TRIES not to let partisan bullshit cloud my feelings and evaluate policy on it's merit rather that on which party proposed it, perhaps? It was said in jest, btw...

Did you catch my statement earlier in the thread that I am no Obama fan? I never defended him once in the whole discussion. I get it. Obama sucks. I don't dispute that. Seems both our points have sailed over the other's head.

I will agree to disagree.
    Hope you have a pleasant Thanksgiving.

15. OOPS! I posted the wrong picture. That one is from the domestic front. He is bowing to the welfare masses in that one.

I will agree on that. Have a blessed day with family, my friend.