S&P+ Rankings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Oct 3, 2021.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If Clemson doesn't get its act together soon, Pitt might mess around and win the ACC. I'm glad that 12th year QB will finally be gone for our rematch next year

justingroves likes this.
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

And his time at auburn is something to be noted as well. CRG is as legit as they come, coaching and recruiting.

zehr27, Poppa T and Memtownvol like this.
  3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Without Garner Malzahn may very well have been run off after 2016. Kevin Steele may have been that architect behind that defense but without Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson it wouldn’t have been any good.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Banks has definitely won me over. He is keeping it simple and letting the guys play. That's all we have needed for years.

utvol0427 and Memtownvol like this.
  5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

The Athletic publishes a "Stop Rate" article every week. Essentially, what percentage of your defensive drives end with the other team giving you the ball back without points.

This year we're 42nd, with a 70.8% stop rate and allowing 1.72 points per drive.

In 2020, we were 99th with a 56.8% stop rate allowing 2.38 points per drive.

Telling you what you already knew. Tim Banks is earning his damn paycheck this year.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Banks has been a surprise for sure. He's fortunate to have Jean-Mary, Ekeler, Martinez and Garner, too.

7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I am very pleasantly surprised with Banks.