Saban to Texas a Done Deal?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 4, 2013.

1. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Ol ball coach likes golf too much. Sabans life is football. I could see him coaching till 70 maybe 72 if he hires the right assistants.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the people I know who love Austin love live music. I doubt saban goes out much.

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Texas has a lot of talent in a horrible league. They could run the table next year with saban. Hell, Mack Brown just about went undefeated in conference this year.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not going to take 3 years to win, but certainly will take 3 years to have a well oiled machine like he does at bama.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you mean that same league that mizzu hadn't won in 42 years?

6. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

And everyone laughed at the shitstorm that Kiffin's departure caused......Bama fans will burn Tuscaloosa to the ground.

7. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I'm not starting a conference debate in yet another thread, but yes the big 12-4+2 is horrible.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

How do you figure that?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

texas currently has a bunch of ***** players. that doesn't change overnight. and bama itself is a much deeper and better program that it was when saban arrived.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It did at Auburn.

11. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

There is whole lot more to Austin than live music. It's a cultured progressive city. Compared to T-town it's NYC, London or Paris.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

auburn had a bunch of guys who were recruited directly for malzain's scheme.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've been told by many people here that they would never live in culturally progressive cities.

14. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

I'm sure you have. But usually extremely successful driven people prefer to live around other people like them and those people generally live in progressive cultured cities. I'm not sure what you're arguing.

15. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

16. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

17. KennyR

KennyR Member

saban to texas

Huntsville radio station reporting that Saban to Texas is a done deal on its Facebook page. Has anyone else heard if this is true?

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Which Huntsville?

19. KennyR

KennyR Member

Huntsville, AL.

20. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

If that's true, seems like it would've grabbed a little more traction on ESPN or something. Not necessarily disputing it, because I think he will leave for TX, but this is the first report that I've seen about it being done.

Maybe Saban's just trying to ease that "special pressure" that's at Bama.