Same Quote Different Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 13, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Mike Griffith on Finebaum now, being the mouthpiece for Butch.

Hes already dropped the OPs line since talking to him, hes talked about 3 games in 13 days at least 6 times and no I am not exaggerating. Paul's starting to hammer on him a little and its quite funny actually.

2. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

Plus the other 43 have PTSD from the last visit.

No way the HC can be expected to overcome those challenges.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If he does not leave on his own he will be done as a HC. Media will not hold back once he is ousted.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

OK this may be the crack in his image. This seems to have rubbed people the wrong way who normally defend whatever he says or does.

He better win Saturday. I think the base has shifted and the excuses won't fly. He needs to start owning the program, people are waking up to his constant hard luck belly aching in year 5. Just win.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's bullshot in my opinion, the NCAA keeps doing this to Tennessee. All these young kids just keep leaving after 3 or 4 years. Why don't other colleges have to deal with that? You don't see kids in Alabama leave after 4 years.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Trying to think who those 27 are. Lots of juniors and seniors along the OL. Dormady. John and Todd Kelly. Abernathy. Mosely. Medley. McDowell and Jumper have been here a good while. Khalil and Shy Tuttle I'm pretty sure. Trevor Daniel. Ethan Wolf. Evan Berry. Josh Smith, who is evidently the most important player on the team. I'd say the majority of our contributors have made the perilous trek to Gainesville.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some his most vocal supporters have gotten pissed over this.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The beginning of the end.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You mean the players that will be on the field?

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Swain was on here in Nashville. Said they played 3 in 13 back in '05 with the LSU situation. Didn't even realize it until someone pointed it out to him a few weeks ago.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We have reached the point where my disdain for Butch is larger than desire to want to see Tennessee win. That's a bad place to be.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Hope he drowns in the swamp.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And we went 5-7 that year. No resiliency

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Apparently McElwain didn't mention Irma as any type of distraction or excuse for the Gators in his press conference today. Guy has a full clip of excuse ammunition and won't pull the trigger.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It will be mentioned in the post game, win or lose.

"These guys had a tragic event and played through it for the win"

Or

"We didn't play focused like we should have due to Irma"

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not big on excuses, but this is kind of a legit one. McElwain didn't have to hire a research assistant or statistician for this one. Supposedly McElwain looked exhausted. With the suspensions and the hurricane, this should be a rout. They are just downtrodden.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't have a problem with mentioning it after the fact. It's a disservice to the team to be making excuses ahead of time. To be overdramatic, it is a dereliction of duty for a coach to be figuring out why his team could lose instead of how they can win.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

"We did fourteen hours of analytics into how we could lose this game."

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't be surprised to see Florida come out quickly then fade by the 2nd quarter and the route is on