Same Quote Different Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 13, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expect Butch to come out looking constipated, turn purple and **** everything up

2. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It's interesting that it's taken so long for there to even be such a shift in how most see him.

This isn't exactly new whats going on.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Lol

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I got there with Dooley. Getting close with Botch. I still want to beat UF on Saturday. I want to win ever game we play...but still send him packing all at the same time.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Wait til Jones uses the same points.

"Against all roster odds and traveling to an area destroyed by Irma, we prevailed even when it was unexpected and not predicted in anyway, by anyone."

or

"Between only having 27 guys that have ever played in the swamp, and the distractions of traveling to an area destroyed by Irma making the swamp even larger in size, and the sun being out, Im not sure what you guys expect out of us. I told the guys they were still champions." "We ll get ready to play a very tough Umass next week and pray that we win."

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The majority of the fanbase is slow on the uptake

7. BigOrangeBeech

I'm surprised that rain in the forecast hasn't been brought up yet.

"That throws your team for a loop when you've got to practice with wet balls all week and then it doesn't rain. These guys can't handle the adversity of having to switch back to a dry ball."

#dryballfocus

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You can't have both.

And that we must now choose between two such wholly unpalatable options as these is the single most damning indictment of both Butch and the entire TN leadership, as they have each brought this program - and us along with it - to such a terrible and dysfunctionally low point, as this.

Simply, both Butch and our "leadership" are so tragically inept as to even give rise to the thought of pulling for Florida to beat Tennessee.

Let that sink in.

9. BigOrangeBeech

As I said, I moving that direction with Botch. Talk to me again after this weekend and I may be there.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no influence on the outcome, so I feel no dilemma. I am cheering for any and all paths that lead to a championship asap.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I'm really starting to doubt he survives this season. There's a lot less blind following out there than volnation makes you think. Listen to a radio show around here. And it's only going to get worse.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will say, more and more of the casual, "he's our coach" type people here at work are starting to turn on him.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think that this is spot on. The pressure is palpably building on Butch and this program. And not a dozen years too late. I'm not sure that both the frustration and apathy were this high during Dooley's last season, TBH. And not only is it just Week 2, but we're undefeated.

Will be curious to see the reaction following the first loss against anyone but Bama..and how Butch responds / handles it. I believe that he thinks he's already seen Tennessee fans at their full-throated and angriest worst. If so, he's badly, badly mistaken.

If this season even wiggles, a decade of frustration of being asked to "wait and see" might blow the lid off this fanbase.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think last season irked even a lot of his supporters. His recent actions (and on field performance) have only added to it.

Even the most die hards are tired of being embarrassed.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Agreed, I don't think people were this upset after game 2 of Dooley's last season. We won in the Georgia Dome, hadn't really shown that our defense was garbage, and had an offense that was fun to watch. A lot of people thought we'd beat Florida. That Florida loss definitely got people pissed, though.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Win Saturday and he still may not make it through season. Lose Saturday and he's done.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dang. Trying your best to make me a do the Gator chomp.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the ****ing garbage can had a measurable effect. That was so cringey, and distracted from an otherwise dramatic comeback. Completely negated the national spotlight. That was his last political capital. Now everything is being properly scrutinized.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree. 100% serious.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Originally Posted by 87&91ALUM View Post
    Nega-Vols on parade in this thread. What he said is a fact. He is trying to build depth. The 2018 commits are going to be an awesome addition to the Vols. Hope they don't read threads like this or smarter than the posters on this thread and want to sign up and help build the UT wall..."brick by brick". LOL!

Originally Posted by GAVol View Post
    The fallout over comments like this is why I'd never do a press conference. The reason you don't ever hear coaches say much is because people suck at processing information and nuance.

Originally Posted by utvolpj View Post
    Because it's likely in his contract that he needs to talk to the media. So actually he is doing what he's paid to do

Anyone freaking out about this actually fact check the statement? Is it incorrect? Also, what was the context for the statement? That is usually pretty important in threads like this

Originally Posted by volfan102455 View Post
    I haven't listened to the media session, but the actual quote was posted on here. It doesn't read like an excuse. It reads like a coach being honest about the challenge of winning on the road and what they need to do to overcome the challenge in a hostile environment.