Santorum

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Feb 14, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Christ, he's dumb.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I agree 100%. This is exactly how I feel about the whole thing.

3. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Santy is a POS....he stands for shit and is shit and nothing but shit....in summary he stinks...

Is what I said ignorant and Red sure is but when talking about Santy no other way to go....Obama 2012....

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I was wondering when the overt religious baiting would be coming from Santy. Well, now we know. Started with the birth control stuff and now has devolved into calling people out for not being biblical.
    Full Disclosure: I am a devout Christian. I have been saved by grace. I am a Bible believer.

That said, I don't want religion being dragged into this stuff. I know it will be, but I want no govt being a part of any religion or religion having official roles in govt. Santorum is no better than a WWE wrestler looking for a cheap pop from the masses with this red meat moment.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You go to that too often, and it will eventually blow up in your face.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I can't lie, as an Obama supporter and (I think) the board's token liberal, all of this brings a smile to my face. Obama is really heading into live boy-dead hooker time here, unless things drastically change on the Republican side (or we hit another serious economic downturn). I don't see how any of the current nominees will overtake Obama in the general election, especially when I look at the map and the trends. Santorum, though, strikes me as bad a choice as Gingrich, wholly unlikable and unable to translate potential winning ideas across to the electorate. He will try to pin his hopes on social conservatism and that won't win. Social issues eventually trend liberal anyway and only work in certain locales. Fiscal conservatism works far, far better.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Romney was the best candidate they put forth, but in the end I think the Mormonism is hurting him.

10. JayVols

I really think you're right IP. I will freely admit that near 100% of the congregation of my church views Mormonism as at least not a Christian religion. Many feel it's a cult. I also think amongst your blue collar Republicans that Romney's wealth has hurt him some. Not that they are against wealth, but he has made some idiotic moves that shows that he is completely out of touch with the financial straights many are in. The $10K bet was one of the dumbest moves in a while, imo. He can't relate to 'regular' folks plain and simple.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mormonism and romneycare are the biggies. Plus, like jay said, too many view him as the gop version of kerry.

12. JayVols

I don't understand the problems with Romneycare. It was a state solution and I have always heard the GOP is pro state control. I agree that it has been an anchor around his neck. However, it seems like that's just a rationalization to not like the guy even more even when that contradicts one of the party's basic stances.

13. CardinalVol

Imo it is because we've been told any govt involvement is bad and that because he did it at the state level that he'l just increase the size of it at the federal level. Jmo.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's also because he doesn't embrace it or describe it in the way you just stated. He's trying to be what he thinks people want him to be right now and that won't work. If anything, Republicans want a True Believer more than any other party.

15. JayVols

Yeah, I just see it as a bit of hypocracy. That's more of a libertarian stance than a GOP stance of govt should be local. I really feel it's just a justification to not like a guy that they already don't like.

16. CardinalVol

Oh I agree. I scratch my head at everyone who doesn't like him.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

His original response was exactly that he was doing the wishes of the people of Massachusetts. People just don't care that the state of Massachusetts is much more liberal than Republican-land, and that blue states are going to make different "state-level" decisions than red states. See "gay marriage." If it were really about states' rights, why aren't Republicans supporting states' decisions to legalize gay marriage?

Doesn't take a genius to your realize the current Republican Party is steeped in hypocrisy, and standing at a fundamental crossroads in terms of choosing their defining political dogma. Or as Santorum calls it, "theology." The lack of an intellectually-based opposition party to the economic ideas of the Left is hurting the country as a whole. No real dialogue ever takes place because it all comes back to stupid social issues that shouldn't be so political anyway.

18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I feel pity for anyone that votes for Santy. Obama is a far better president then that idiot would be. Counting on Santy to fix our problems is like believing [MENTION=2]Tenacious D[/MENTION] will get digits from the hot girl at the bar...strikes out every time.

19. JayVols

But, but he's agin abortion......

20. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I am against people who vote for Santy having children. I believe they should lose that right. I want to start a party with this platform. Who is in?