Santorum

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Feb 14, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My thoughts on the GOP race and eventually the Presidential election:

motivate-mondays-1.jpg

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ricky, the good Catholic boy that he is, attended Sunday mass at Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis yesterday.

On a funny side note, I got cornered at church yesterday by people wanting to know about my Obama over Santorum comment.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm sure that was a fun conversation.

4. CardinalVol

One of the guys and I had a good conversation about it. He understood my points exactly and said while he thinks it wasn't wise of me to say that publically, he understands where I am coning from and agrees with me.

The second guy asked me if I was serious, and when I told him I was, he proceeded to essentially tell me I was crazy. At that point I voiced all of my concerns about Ricky and what not. He eventually gave up.

However, I'm pretty sure my path to eldership probably came to a screeching halt for the time being. :)

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting church, if politics of a member matters to the congregation

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I am the resident black sheep in my church too, Card. My father-in-law is my class teacher. I have already said that he is teaching a unit on the Constitution and the founding fathers. Personally, it's pretty uncomfy to me because I am a believer in the separation of church and state. Anyway, the topic of govt overreach and not wanting to spend his tax money on abortions. I quickly pointed out the Hyde Amendment that prohibits federal money from being spent on elective abortions. The only exception was rape, incest, or life of the mother in danger. I went on to say that instead of taking the word of a politician that is pandering for votes or talk show hosts trying to stir shit, they needed to investigate themselves to find the truth. He didn't believe me. My Droid and Google quickly ended
    the disagreement with the truth. Pissed them off because it took their talking point away from them. It is troublesome for many in the class to have a history teacher in there that is not too shy to point out the bs- even from my father-in-law. I have pointed many false assumptions out during this class. My wife will squeeze my leg or elbow me in the ribs anytime I open my mouth. I am not one to let misinformation go unchallenged.

7. CardinalVol

That last line was a joke. If it was the truth, I would not be there.

There's a handful of us who are fairly politically active though and the only time we see each other is at church functions. That's the reason they cornered me there.

8. CardinalVol

And Ricky has suspended his campaign.