Sara Sanders Denied Service at Restaraunt

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

She didn’t demand service.

Owner didn’t refuse service.

She asked her to leave, SHS politely acquiesced. SHS offered to pay for what she’d already eaten, owner said don’t worry about it.

Didn’t really turn into anything until the server posted the note and message on Facebook, and it became your standard partisan shit storm.

Joseph Brant and IP like this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Also for clarification, in the baker's case, it is my understanding the court ruled in their favor because the baker refused to make them a custom cake, but offered them another cake. So, service wasn't denied, which is why the decision was noted for its narrow focus in its application.

4. Tenacious D

I have no idea, but neither have any reason to doubt what you’re saying.

5. Tenacious D

Isn’t the owner asking her to leave after she was seated, refusing to serve her?

“...was told to leave...”

6. Unimane

I think it can be construed as denying her service. I'm not in favor of the owner doing this, it's typically more of a right wing thing when it occurs and I prefer "my side" not partake in such actions. I do find it funny Sanders pushing reality a bit with the "treat people....respectfully" line, considering I've seen her at press conferences.

7. Unimane

I'm not 100%, but I know there was some kind of contingency which made the decision to not be a referendum on denying service to gay people.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Isn’t that just mental gymnastics.

They were still denied service. Unless the baker doesn’t offer custom cakes to anyone else, which I highly doubt.

9. Tenacious D

One could argue that she’s playing a victim a bit, which is also quite ironic to see, given how often the right claims the left does the same.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

When it comes to politics, there's no lack of hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle.

MaconVol, VolDad, chavisut and 2 others like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It makes me uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of refusing service over politics. And we are talking about the press secretary, who isn't enacting policy on the general public, even.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Would have been better to simply say:

“Our staff knows who you are, we don’t like the brand of politics you defend, but you’re still welcome to eat here, if you trust them to treat your food like their own.”

And then no problems.

VolDad likes this.
  13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I guess I’m furious about this.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It wasn't that long ago that the owner of the bistro at the bijou kicked campfield and it was celebrated.

There is a point we have to go back to some civil discourse.

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I mean in fairness Campfield sucks real hard.

16. CardinalVol

Agree 100%.

Still not a fan.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What a country....

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. CardinalVol

She really is the Trump of the left.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Saw Seth Rogan bragging about interacting with Paul Ryan's children. they “should probably learn that if they like a movie or song, the person who made that probably doesn’t like their dad that much!”

Tensions are high on both sides right now.