Saving Butch Beyond 2017

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Apr 5, 2017.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm as confident as I can be GT will tear UT apart. We'll see if he can hold them together.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I still think it should be written into every ut coach's contract that the second loss to vandy immediately triggers termination, other circumstances be damned.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The record says......

2012 Auburn was a shit team

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

That's my fear too. This admin keeps proving they cannot pull the trigger when they need to and then go back and hire a replacement that is no better than what just left the building.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Regardless; new coach will get a couple of years to build which means that we are years away from winning anything of significance.

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I didn't say they weren't. You're the one trying to make the 2013 team seem like a fluke with your reasoning being that the 2012 team was utter trash and the only thing that changed was a corner converted to QB. Both teams were full of the same NFL talent, it just so happened that the 2013 team wasn't a complete dumpster fire and managed to capitalize on it.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Then what happened in 2014, 8-5. 2015 7-6.

I'd say one shit year in 2012, one great year in 2013 then two Butch Jones like seasons shows the great year was a fluke.

I understand you're an Auburn fan, but it is what it is.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Ok this has snowballed, my original point was just that I have a hard time crapping on Butch for the 2013 Auburn game, and I hate the man. UT was severely outmanned in terms of talent that day.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He'll sit Guarantano through Alabama week and a 3-4 start. Then he'll start Guatantano against UK and for the rest of the way, win 4 of last 5, finish 7-5, but point to all of the "momentum" heading into '18.

Based on what we've seen from those in charge at UT, that'll be plenty to bring him back with enthusiasm for a 5-7 2018 season.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Auburn ran the ball 53 times and we never even attempted to put more than 6 in the box. We never even attempted to spy Marshall.

Dobbs threw the ball 25 times while we were averaging 5.5 yards a pop on the ground.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It was one of the worst coached games that I can ever remember watching at UT. It's like they decided what we should be doing and then did the complete opposite.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

There seems to be a theme with this clown.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Say what you will, but you have to give Jones credit - they never saw his game plan coming.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we have him after bowl selections, I doubt we are getting rid of him.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's like you eat your corn flakes out of Nostradamus's skull every morning.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's happened quite a few times under Butch

18. CardinalVol

If he's going into Vandy with 4+ losses, we'll know where we are headed.

19. CardinalVol

I'm going to say Dobbs throwing 42 times the week before in his first start migth have been a little worse.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher